The Chat Room

scudsucker

Fucking scammers really annoy me.

My kids want a cat, now my dogs live with my ex. I live in a great property with a large garden, in a cul-de-sac off a quiet road. Good for outdoor cats (and there is a Burmese who occasionally visits, nice cat)

So I applied to TEARS to get a rescue.

But also I am a snob, so I also looked into pure-breds. I found one "breeder" who was keen, until I looked up their phone number, domain registration and other details.

I wanted my kids to meet the kittens and choose them, but... the kittens are imaginary, the pictures stolen from other websites.

[10/08, 11:33] Thanks for spoiling what could have been an amazing experience for my kids for a mere RXXX, which is fucking peanuts
[10/08, 11:35] I would say, slightly ironically, "jou ma se poes" but the chances you speak Afrikaans are pretty small.

They have an RSA phone number but bad reviews in Australia on the same domain.

What fucking cunts do this?

I reported them to both Google, where I originally found them, and to Gumtree, where I found them after investigation. Probably won't achieve anything, and they blocked me in Whatsapp as soon as I asked questions.

Last edited:

scudsucker

My last cat, St. George, was a rescue. A vet suggested he was Burmese cross street-cat, based on his looks and his powerful voice, and he was a great cat.

IMG-20231007-WA0008.jpg

An arsehole, for sure, but that is just how cats are. I loved that cat. And he loved me, in a kind of "if I don't get what I want I'm going to do a shit on your bed" way, which is a slightly unequal relationship.

I will deal with rescues, I think, rather than the scammers. At least I know the people at TEARS and DARG and similar charities are honestly looking out for the best interests of the animal.... and the actual cat is real.

Last edited:

biometrics

My last cat, St. George, was a rescue. A vet suggested he was Burmese cross street-cat, based on his looks and his powerful voice, and he was a great cat.

View attachment 38483

An arsehole, for sure, but that is just how cats are. I loved that cat. And he loved me, in a kind of "if I don't get what I want I'm going to do a shit on your bed" way, which is a slightly unequal relationship.

I will deal with rescues, I think, rather than the scammers. At least I know the people at TEARS and DARG and similar charities are honestly looking out for the best interests of the animal.... and the actual cat is real.
I've adopted from Tears in the past.

Most recent adoption was from Change for the better foundation. They are near Stellenbosch.

Johnatan56

satanboy

Fucking scammers really annoy me.

My kids want a cat, now my dogs live with my ex. I live in a great property with a large garden, in a cul-de-sac off a quiet road. Good for outdoor cats (and there is a Burmese who occasionally visits, nice cat)

So I applied to TEARS to get a rescue.

But also I am a snob, so I also looked into pure-breds. I found one "breeder" who was keen, until I looked up their phone number, domain registration and other details.

I wanted my kids to meet the kittens and choose them, but... the kittens are imaginary, the pictures stolen from other websites.

They have an RSA phone number but bad reviews in Australia on the same domain.

What fucking cunts do this?

I reported them to both Google, where I originally found them, and to Gumtree, where I found them after investigation. Probably won't achieve anything, and they blocked me in Whatsapp as soon as I asked questions.
If you want a pedigree cat, you need to work through the Cat Club in your area (we use Western Province Cat Club). Go to their shows and meet the breeders.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Good morning from a wet East London.
How was your weekend?
One end of my ironing board buckled this weekend. I'll find out if I can use the house ironing board to do my ironing this week, then see what is available at Pick 'n Pay and GAME when my brother does the weekly shopping on Saturday.

Last edited:

Baxteen

I disliike the pure bread thing, regardless of dog or cat.
I think it is very selfish to have something like a pug (dog) or a persian (cat) because both have been bread to a point where they cant breathe.
taking a pug from a pug rescue is fine.but sadly people who cant handle health issues with pure bread cats justa abandon them.
and I felt like that before I started working in rescue (catz R Us)
do the right thing and give an adult rescue cat a permanent home rather than letting it live out its last days in some rescue.
there will be many people who will take the kittens. but the slightly older kittens or adult cats really struggle to find a home.

sorry for the soap box rant, but its something I am very passionate about.
and don't get me started on people who do not spay and neuter their pets

biometrics

Seems I chipped a small piece of a filling, now tongue hooks on it when I swallow beer. Wonder if I can fix it myself with a nail file.?

biometrics

I disliike the pure bread thing, regardless of dog or cat.
I think it is very selfish to have something like a pug (dog) or a persian (cat) because both have been bread to a point where they cant breathe.
taking a pug from a pug rescue is fine.but sadly people who cant handle health issues with pure bread cats justa abandon them.
and I felt like that before I started working in rescue (catz R Us)
do the right thing and give an adult rescue cat a permanent home rather than letting it live out its last days in some rescue.
there will be many people who will take the kittens. but the slightly older kittens or adult cats really struggle to find a home.

sorry for the soap box rant, but its something I am very passionate about.
and don't get me started on people who do not spay and neuter their pets
*bred

My last three adoptions were young adults.

Baxteen

I am getting pretty freaking tired of Youtube giving me warnings about ad blockers.
and its only on my laptop that I get that.
because my phone I use Re-Vanced a fork of Youtube Vanced that allows you to customise how you handle things.
on my TV box I never youtube because it has ads.
so now i am looking into setting up an Ad-Gaurd on the router to block ads wiht a custom DNS.
anyone ever use that kind of thing?

DA-LION-619

I am getting pretty freaking tired of Youtube giving me warnings about ad blockers.
and its only on my laptop that I get that.
because my phone I use Re-Vanced a fork of Youtube Vanced that allows you to customise how you handle things.
so now i am looking into setting up an Ad-Gaurd on the router to block ads wiht a custom DNS.
DNS blocking hasn’t been great with blocking YT ads, it also can go wrong like if you wanna resume a video from a different device but you blocked uploading your watch history.

I found using yt-dlp a better option, which you could run on an Oracle free VM. Creators also I think control the amount of ads you see on a video. Random, 1 or 2 at the beginning also things like mid-roll. yt-dlp can create chapters and has the plugins/options for in-vid or ad segments so you can skip them.

For DNS blocking, you have pi-hole, I think AdGuard has their own VPN/DNS option, I personally use https://nextdns.io/
There’s some preconfig options for Apple/Google/MS/Xiaomi etc but you can use popular blocklists like AdGuard and add your own DNS entries if you want.

Last edited:

biometrics

and its only on my laptop that I get that.e
Nope, but pihole used to be a thing some people used.

Baxteen

I looked into the option and it looks like Adgaurd wiht teh ad blocking DNS on teh router is the best way to go.

no need to do device level blocking.
YT ads wont get blocked on a DSN blocking service because they serve ads from the same sever as the videos.
I am trying a few different ad blockers to see if I can find one that will not get detected and still block ads. but if I cant then I will jsut stop using browser based YT.
and wiht how I work on re-vanced when they find a way to block it I just download the latest version of the app and alter it to remove that portion and then it works again. and I do that on my own device so there is no risk to privacy.