The Chat Room

biometrics

Like the run on toilet paper with the covid lockdown, there's going to be a run on eggs. I have already bought two extra trays of 18 plus what we have here for this week, so I'm two weeks ahead. We use a tray a week so will keep buying my usual weekly tray, BUT I HAVE EXTRA STOCK for when the shit hits the fan! ;)

Totally self fulfilling of course.

Baxteen

Is she good with tools and fixing things?
decent. she is not afraid to try. and she is not afraid to google to find a solution or watcha video. and when it becomes a matter of not being able to get a screw loose she asks me. just like if I need help wiht a small thing that I am too shaky to get to she helps me

Nicholas

I also need help with some things owing to tremors. If I need to replace my motherboard, etc at some stage, it might be safer for me to take it in to a local computer shop for them to do it.

Baxteen

depends on how good the local shop is.

3 muppets working only to make a profit might just end up being a big screw up.
what you want is a company that aims to create a reputation of being skilled at what they do. even if they cost a little more than the matrix around the corner.
some people will drop profit for increased sales. some people will take less sales for a higher profit.

in the end you need to remember that you buy once, and cry once.
or in afrikaans the saying is "goedkoop koop is duur koop"

biometrics

Nice, insurance paid me R8,000 of the R10,500 it cost to replace the AVR. Damn excess, but still I thought it was a total loss, so quite happy with that.

Nicholas

depends on how good the local shop is.

3 muppets working only to make a profit might just end up being a big screw up.
what you want is a company that aims to create a reputation of being skilled at what they do. even if they cost a little more than the matrix around the corner.
some people will drop profit for increased sales. some people will take less sales for a higher profit.

in the end you need to remember that you buy once, and cry once.
or in afrikaans the saying is "goedkoop koop is duur koop"
I have in mind a local business that has been around for yonks and is well regarded.

Venomous

sadly the cheap one we got is not swapable. and I cant figure out why the space bar is being funky. sometimes it double spaces. some times it does not register a click. I have cleaned as much as possible even tried getting in with alchol to see if it is that.

she got a "for now" cheap bundle at a paki shop that we will donate to a friend. she is planning on buying a good base, her own switches and her own key caps so she can build it herself.
Most mechanical keyboards the individual keys can be removed. I’d guess there is a staple or something else under the key

Arzy

Was at lunch from 13:30.

In a better state than usual but still drunk.