The Chat Room

Baxteen

fuck that I dont pay for something that has been free for 20 years jsut becasoem some rich asshole is putting pressure on middle mangement just os they can get a better retirement fund.
nothing of premium goes to the creators. tey get paid per view and the view is what counts for all their metrics.
nothing of premium goes to the artists they get paid based on views/listens just as normal.

I have cancelsd my netflix becaseu we moved to My family cinema. its cheaper and has better content.

I decided to stick with spotify rather than go to another service because it has the content catalouge that best suits my needs (I actually listen to stuff that is not on deezer or YT music or bandicam)
if I am going to pay for a service it is going to be something that provides the best value for my needs (spotify or F1TV) or skrew over rich executives (MFC/Plex)

DA-LION-619

^still that

Despite your rant.

Im at a point where I would pay to not get cookie popups on everything ducking website.
Tbh I don’t mind the cookie popup as that’s part of being anon. I wish Mozilla brought Firefox Focus to the desktop so I didn’t have to do a private/incognito window.

If Mozilla needed a donation to raise funds or a monthly sub to make it happen I’d gladly do it for the value it brings to my work.

Last edited:

scudsucker

Woo-hoo! I won the PowerBall lottery! I'm rich!

Oh. Maybe not.

Screenshot_20231011_045918_Messages.jpg

(I know, I know, the lottery is a tax on people who don't understand maths, but an occasional bet puts me into the "what if" category of idle thoughts)

Last edited:

satanboy

fuck that I dont pay for something that has been free for 20 years jsut becasoem some rich asshole is putting pressure on middle mangement just os they can get a better retirement fund.
nothing of premium goes to the creators. tey get paid per view and the view is what counts for all their metrics.
nothing of premium goes to the artists they get paid based on views/listens just as normal.
1697006316268.png

Baxteen

100% do not believe Youtube shares revenue from premium to creators.
you cant ask the creators because they rely on Youtube.
and you cant rely on Youtube because they are the ones holding all then cards on the matter.

Baxteen

nah no tinfoil hat. I am not saying they are putting mictochips in the vaccine or anything like that.
what I am saying is there is no way to audit the claim that they share the revenue in the way they say they do.
there is no other way to validate the claim. and the party making the claim stands to gain reputation for making the claim and gain financially from lying. so in terms of how the world works I dont trust the claim. because if they are somehow found out then it can be claimed as a simple bug in the code a public apology and an ajustment to creators pay out to gain back public trust and then business as usual.

lets say the pay out should be 6%. but they pay out 4%
it is proven that it is not that (god knows how)
public outcry.
appology
Ajustment to rectify to 6%
and now they pay out at 5% instead. while still claiming to pay at 6%.

DA-LION-619

100% do not believe Youtube shares revenue from premium to creators.
you cant ask the creators because they rely on Youtube.
and you cant rely on Youtube because they are the ones holding all then cards on the matter.
But if the original problem was ads and you block the ads, the creator doesn’t get paid.
So…

Baxteen

Sounds like you have no experience in auditing
where is the Second source to correlate the claim.
internal audits and independents third party audits is not the same. and a third party will again only be able to look at the numbers provided by Youtube.
where any other audit can get the same metric from a different source. complaints on insurance or whatever there is a secondary place to look at it. but with this, you have to rely on the data from only the thing you are auditing.

DA-LION-619

where is the Second source to correlate the claim.
internal audits and independents third party audits is not the same. and a third party will again only be able to look at the numbers provided by Youtube.
where any other audit can get the same metric from a different source. complaints on insurance or whatever there is a secondary place to look at it. but with this, you have to rely on the data from only the thing you are auditing.
Do you also audit the other source that isn’t the entity you’re auditing lol

scudsucker

Durban.

I just booked an all out trip to DBN with the kids. Flights, car, AirBnB- 26 Dec to 2 Jan

I love DBN.

Ideas for entertainment: (they are 8 & 6)

Amanzimtoti water park (does it even exist any more?)

South Beach, the closest we can get to Miami but with more coconut oil

Umghluga Rocks, with the big lagoon and rock wall to climb up and jump off

Oribi Gorge. Not sure if they are old enough for the swing but cool animals

Natal Sharks Board: I fucking loved watching a disection when I was 6
That crazy old school fun park on South Beach

Finding some snorkeling (not 1st beach, the sealife was dead 20 years go)

Any other ideas? Just 5 days.

Last edited:

biometrics

Durban.

I just booked an all out trip to DBN with the kids. Flights, car, AirBnB- 26 Dec to 2 Jan

I love DBN.

Ideas for entertainment: (they are 8 & 6)

Amanzimtoti water park (does it even exist any more?)

South Beach, the closest we can get to Miami but with more coconut oil

Umghluga Rocks, with the big lagoon and rock wall to climb up and jump off

Oribi Gorge. Not sure if they are old enough for the swing but cool animals

Natal Sharks Board: I fucking loved watching a disection when I was 6
That crazy old school fun park on South Beach

Finding some snorkeling (not 1st beach, the sealife was dead 20 years go)

Any other ideas? Just 5 days.
@Seldom Bucket is in KZN I believe.