The Chat Room

BloodrayneZA

Yo!

I went and bought my first ever in my life a 250gb SSD. So far it seems good for a cheapie. I quite like the fast boot-up time, it's unbelievable.

BloodrayneZA

Yeah, can’t go back to spinning disks for a primary drive.
Amen to that, bro! I can't believe it took me so long to transit over to SSD. The thing is so tiny too. It's an M2 NVME type (2280). I'm loving my AMD Ryzen 5 5600 CPU with the Asus PRIME B550M-A (Wi-Fi) motherboard. It was worth the purchase. I think I've had it for a year. Now to look for a decent GPU.

At the moment, I'm gaming Evony in my free time. I finally left Mcdonald's and started working for the council about 2 months ago and the job is not bad, but the management and the support I get from everyone is amazing. I get school holidays off because my contract is school term only and I am working as a Passenger Assistant to pick up SEN children to go to school then pick them up later and drop them off at home. The pay is not too bad really, I just need to find a side gig to make some extra money - I am not sure what I want to do, I have had enough of doing hospitality work but I'll consider some part-time cleaning work.

biometrics

Amen to that, bro! I can't believe it took me so long to transit over to SSD. The thing is so tiny too. It's an M2 NVME type (2280). I'm loving my AMD Ryzen 5 5600 CPU with the Asus PRIME B550M-A (Wi-Fi) motherboard. It was worth the purchase. I think I've had it for a year. Now to look for a decent GPU.
I assume you are still on 1080p displays like me? (no rush on replacing stuff that works just fine). I also have the same CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 5600X) and mobo (Asus B550-M-K) and have an Nvidia 2080 GPU. They released the 30xx and 40xx series so quickly that you can pick up a 2080 for very little (relatively). A lot of GPU for not much money. It can do higher res too but who cares. It's going to run everything at Ultra 1080p. Do you have a Carbonite type site there?

BloodrayneZA

I assume you are still on 1080p displays like me? (no rush on replacing stuff that works just fine). I also have the same CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 5600X) and mobo (Asus B550-M-K) and have an Nvidia 2080 GPU. They released the 30xx and 40xx series so quickly that you can pick up a 2080 for very little (relatively). A lot of GPU for not much money. It can do higher res too but who cares. It's going to run everything at Ultra 1080p. Do you have a Carbonite type site there?
actually yes I am. I have a 27" Samsung, got it after my 20" died after 10 years of service. Pretty good, long years IMHO.

No I don't think there's a carbonite site in the UK. I have Amazon and Box.co.uk - Box is where I got my AMD Ryzen setup including DDR3 memory and new case fans.

Baxteen

the ad blocker blockers dont work.
I just completely gave up on Pc based youtube now. its all Vanced.

Rudolph Hart

Chromecast?
I use a Chromecast. Also took YouTube premium to allow me to listen to music while I’m in the workshop or driving, and a side benefit is that I don’t see ads, except of course for the ones where the content producer puts them directly into the video itself. I’m not usually bothered enough to even jump past them - it’s usually on as a background, and if something catches my eye or ear I end up having to rewind a bit to see what it was.

Baxteen

I use a Chromecast. Also took YouTube premium to allow me to listen to music while I’m in the workshop or driving, and a side benefit is that I don’t see ads, except of course for the ones where the content producer puts them directly into the video itself. I’m not usually bothered enough to even jump past them - it’s usually on as a background, and if something catches my eye or ear I end up having to rewind a bit to see what it was.
put in the effort for reVanced. even with Premium its amazing. auto skip on sponsor content, intro, and those really annoying nagging 30 second long "please like and subscribe and turn on notifications it really helps out the channel"

I used the Vanced experience on PC even. its browser extensions that add in those features.

Baxteen

Chromecast?
nah I have reVanced on my MiBox.
so its literally only when I decide to watch YouTube on my laptop for whatever reason. and that ended this week.
i suppose the best option is Premium + revanced. but I cant bring myself to pay for premium. even if I choose to go though Turkey for it

DA-LION-619

nah I have reVanced on my MiBox.
so its literally only when I decide to watch YouTube on my laptop for whatever reason. and that ended this week.
i suppose the best option is Premium + revanced. but I cant bring myself to pay for premium. even if I choose to go though Turkey for it
I don’t normally watch YT on the PC, and I use uBlock but I didn’t get any annoying notification. What extension are you using?

Nicholas

Windows 10 on my home computer has been unresponsive after booting, so I am going to search for my installation disc and try reinstalling the OS. A quick search before I came to work this morning yielded nothing.

What do the rest of you think you'll be doing today?
Windows performed one of those boot time updates that has fixed whatever it was that ailed it.

biometrics

Already got 16 pieces of keyboards, mice, routers and media players. Housemate is prepared to come along. Question is if there will be a long queue, in which case I'll bail. If it moves along then I'll take the free R1,200 a day. Certainly got more old kak I can donate.

biometrics

I've created a complete fake idealised profile for Hinge using AI generated photos, I want to see how much of a fraud these apps are.

Baxteen

I don’t normally watch YT on the PC, and I use uBlock but I didn’t get any annoying notification. What extension are you using?
I had AD block plus and that got the warning.

once you get the warning no matter what you use it gets picked up and you get flagged