The Chat Room

DA-LION-619

Durban.

I just booked an all out trip to DBN with the kids. Flights, car, AirBnB- 26 Dec to 2 Jan

I love DBN.

Ideas for entertainment: (they are 8 & 6)

Amanzimtoti water park (does it even exist any more?)
There’s ice skating at the Galleria mall in Toti, but during that period expect a waiting line but nothing too hectic.

Not sure if they’d be allowed to do the big swing at MM Stadium.

Natal Sharks Board: I fucking loved watching a disection when I was 6
Not sure if that’s still a separate thing or has been absorbed into uShaka.
There’s also Crocworld.

Another fun experience was the Roma Revolving restaurant.

If you have friends in Durban that stay in estates, they normally have various activities for children during the school holidays, visitors aren’t restricted.

I’m normally in DBN from the 16th so just drop a mention as I’d know better of the ongoing events.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Windows 10 on my home computer has been unresponsive after booting, so I am going to search for my installation disc and try reinstalling the OS. A quick search before I came to work this morning yielded nothing.

What do the rest of you think you'll be doing today?

Baxteen

the hardware required for 11 has been part of most motherboards for a very long time.

there are very few cases where the hardware requirement is what prevents people from upgrading.

for me 10 is good and stable.
11 is still way too buggy with way too many issues. like bluetooth headsets working fine but when you answer a teams call the headset disconnects.

Nicholas

the hardware required for 11 has been part of most motherboards for a very long time.

there are very few cases where the hardware requirement is what prevents people from upgrading.

for me 10 is good and stable.
11 is still way too buggy with way too many issues. like bluetooth headsets working fine but when you answer a teams call the headset disconnects.
Such as when one using hardware that dates back to 2012.

Nicholas

there was already hardware from 2012 that had it in.
again I wont recommend upgrading
Not mine, according to the compatibility tester. no great loss, though
Not unless one of those parts fails, and I can't find a replacement on Carbonite. In that case, I shall need to buy three comonents ASAP.

Nicholas

The Department of Labour and Employment inspector did his rounds here today, and I was one of those picked for an interview. Completely positive, :)

DA-LION-619

Such as when one using hardware that dates back to 2012.
Probably the issue. The TPM can be dedicated hardware but that’s additional cost for something most people won’t use.
Normally people use a software based TPM built into the CPU.

So maybe check your BIOS to see if the setting(fTPM or Intel PTT) is enabled or if your motherboard chipset supports it(again reduced cost), you might just need a BIOS update.

Venomous

Erm...so it's okay for other people to get none because others hoard?

So this week we can have none because the shelves (online) are empty.
I have 6 people/places I can get from. None are brick or online stores. You can have all the eggs in the stores. I get eggs that get collected at the farm, direct to the dealer or alternatively some even deliver.

the new 2023 concept - chicken egg dealers.

The one I never buy from as you need to buy a box of 12 trays Of 30. Eggs are good for max 6-8 weeks. Meaning I will be dumping. Sadly I can’t get enough people willing to each take 2 trays, coz it works out to R69 per tray.

Venomous

Durban.

I just booked an all out trip to DBN with the kids. Flights, car, AirBnB- 26 Dec to 2 Jan

I love DBN.

Ideas for entertainment: (they are 8 & 6)

Amanzimtoti water park (does it even exist any more?)

South Beach, the closest we can get to Miami but with more coconut oil

Umghluga Rocks, with the big lagoon and rock wall to climb up and jump off

Oribi Gorge. Not sure if they are old enough for the swing but cool animals

Natal Sharks Board: I fucking loved watching a disection when I was 6
That crazy old school fun park on South Beach

Finding some snorkeling (not 1st beach, the sealife was dead 20 years go)

Any other ideas? Just 5 days.
I saw an article a while ago. There was talk of closing the fun park on the beach front

Venomous

See. That's the best price per tray at the moment, R69, but you need to buy 12 for R835.. The others I get from are R95-115 per tray. XL and jumbo cost more than the large

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231012-132340~2.png
    Screenshot_20231012-132340~2.png
    534.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: