The Chat Room

Baxteen

we have a foster kitten we are baby sitting for a week.
she is adorable, and very playful. unfortunately she has not yet learned that hands are not toys. so I will be sitting typing up something when suddenly BAM flying kitten onto my desk to attack the things what are making noise....

Baxteen

man what terrible luck my wife is having.
in december I bought her a new Mechanical Keybaord and a wireless mouse.
about 2 weeks ago her space bar stopped working. cool, it was the cheapest mechanical I could find so she could see if she prefers it. she likes it so we can now get her a nice one that costs a bit more now that she understands the things a little better.
the kitten called monday just knocked her mouse off the desk and the left click button broke off. like fully broke off the mouse. completely un-usable.
so now we are looking for a new Keybaord and a new mouse for her.

Baxteen

it has fallen plenty times.
but this time it feel in a way that the tip of the left click button was the first to make contact with the floor. it bent back and snapped the connector piece that goes to the switch.
its also a heavy mouse. but that was what she preferred. I want a light mouse she wants a heavy mouse.

Baxteen

I had a wireless mouse and keyboard aeons ago. I prefer the wired type.
Office wireless keyboard and mouse combo that takes a single dongle for both.

Home office, wired Keyboard and Wired mouse plugged into the USB dock so I plug one Type C cable into the laptop and that covers screen, charging, mouse, keyboard and headset.

Wife uses a wireless mouse and a wired keyboard. her logic is when she moves around she uses the laptop keyboard but still wants to be able to use the wireless mouse and for her that works.

biometrics

man what terrible luck my wife is having.
in december I bought her a new Mechanical Keybaord and a wireless mouse.
about 2 weeks ago her space bar stopped working. cool, it was the cheapest mechanical I could find so she could see if she prefers it. she likes it so we can now get her a nice one that costs a bit more now that she understands the things a little better.
the kitten called monday just knocked her mouse off the desk and the left click button broke off. like fully broke off the mouse. completely un-usable.
so now we are looking for a new Keybaord and a new mouse for her.
I've got spare brown switches if you are prepared to do some soldering.

Baxteen

I've got spare brown switches if you are prepared to do some soldering.
sadly the cheap one we got is not swapable. and I cant figure out why the space bar is being funky. sometimes it double spaces. some times it does not register a click. I have cleaned as much as possible even tried getting in with alchol to see if it is that.

she got a "for now" cheap bundle at a paki shop that we will donate to a friend. she is planning on buying a good base, her own switches and her own key caps so she can build it herself.

Nicholas

sadly the cheap one we got is not swapable. and I cant figure out why the space bar is being funky. sometimes it double spaces. some times it does not register a click. I have cleaned as much as possible even tried getting in with alchol to see if it is that.

she got a "for now" cheap bundle at a paki shop that we will donate to a friend. she is planning on buying a good base, her own switches and her own key caps so she can build it herself.
Is she good with tools and fixing things?