Does this forum tolerate racism?

TabacNW

Question real quick... How would an anonymous internet persona have his "good name" defamed?
Quick answer - There's a couple of users who know me in person.
And i didn't say i have a good name, but typical of a Journo BS sells.

EADC

Good morning. I suppose you know the word "defamation" ?
And like some braggers here, I also have a lawyer in the family.

Enjoy your day.

You need to consult that lawyer and explain defamation to you slowly.

Just so you don't look silly throwing words around you do not understand.

TabacNW

You need to consult that lawyer and explain defamation to you slowly.

Just so you don't look silly throwing words around you do not understand.
Was i replying to you ? But like you like to say, "The broederbond" is here, i see the kontbroers are almost all acounted for.

EADC

Was i replying to you ? But like you like to say, "The broederbond" is here, i see the kontbroers are almost all acounted for.

Irrelevant this is a public forum, there is no broederbond here this is a chilled place for enjoyment.

greg0205

giphy.gif

Y2K

Oh, so you’ve met Cosmic Debris and his little gang?
Some people don't even realize they're just racist down to the core, when you separate jokes from opinions you're left with that nasty festering racism the genuine hate for your fellow man of a different colour, now don't get me wrong we all dislike the ANC/EFF but I wouldn't go to the extent that some of them do in the forums. I believe its beyond that, looking past the skin colour its more to do with the cultural aspect and the way people live their lives.

With that being said my grandparents and parents were also affected by Apartheid but you don't see me crying for land, burning stuff and looting shops because some individual several decades ago screwed my ancestors over. Education is the equalizer and I'm sorry to say it but we're now going in the opposite direction, since when did the colour of my skin matter when applying for a bursary, I swear these EFF members have got some nerve. I don't qualify for NSFAS or free education as the masses want.

As much as I love my country, I will not allow it to consume or define me. Another thing is that people argue that they were wronged by the white man yet they've done no research, they just accept what people tell them. Therein lies the problem, you blatantly accept information without contesting or validating it.

scudsucker

Interesting views. :) Some of the opinions are certainly an eye opener for me, others I could not help giggling at.

I have always perceived Mybb to have a strong leftist liberal leaning in most members, and that's true for the Mods as well (let's not touch on the Islamic / Palestinian bias). Bullying is another thing that appears to be well tolerated.

It just goes to show how different we all are, we do not all perceive life through the same lens.
You perceive MyBB to be left/liberal because you are so far right you consider the moderate right/centrists to be liberal. It is the same problem as the USA, where the "left" is considerably more conservative than much of the moderate right/centrists in, for example, Europe.

Your perception is thus because you do not objectively observe your beliefs as compared to the gestalt. Your personal "Overton window" doesn't allow you that view.

MyBB is moderate right/centrist in general. Some mods more right, some less. None are liberal. There is a small vocal community of actual left/liberals, but there is a much larger community of right and far right members.

Perhaps one reason for your perception is that it is mostly the far right who are silenced via bans, post deletions etc.

The liberal/left do not (well, I have had posts deleted, but no infractions for my contributions).

The reason for this is that, in my opinion, is twofold.

Firstly, a far right position tends to correlate with a lack of insight. Insight is useful when judging what can and cannot openly be said. Failure to understand that ends in a banning.

Secondly, the victim complex and fear of "the other" (especially communism, which for many equates to anything left of the moderate right) drives the conservatives to out-do each other in "owning the libs" - this usually ends in tears.

Last edited:

greg0205

You perceive MyBB to be left/liberal because you are so far right you consider the moderate right/centrists to be liberal. It is the same problem as the USA, where the "left" is considerably more conservative than much of the moderate right/centrists in, for example, Europe.

Your perception is thus because you do not objectively observe your beliefs as compared to the gestalt. Your personal "Overton window" doesn't allow you that view.

MyBB is moderate right/centrist in general. Some mods more right, some less. None are liberal. There is a small vocal community of actual left/liberals, but there is a much larger community of right and far right members.

Perhaps one reason for your perception is that it is mostly the far right who are silenced via bans, post deletions etc.

The liberal/left do not (well, I have had posts deleted, but no infractions for my contributions).

The reason for this is that, in my opinion, is twofold.

Firstly, a far right position tends to correlate with a lack of insight. Insight is useful when judging what can and cannot openly be said. Failure to understand that ends in a banning.

Secondly, the victim complex and fear of "the other" (especially communism, which for many equates to anything left of the moderate right) drives the conservatives to out-do each other in "owning the libs" - this usually ends in tears.
All

Of

This.

TabacNW

Good day. I'm back :D And no no.... don't get up.
Question: I had Mr Mokoena (Not realy) in my class, he was a total idiot. <--Racist remark ??? And then...
I had Willem Prinsloo in my class, fcking thick as schit. <--- Not racist, he's just stupid. ???

Seldom Bucket

Question: I had Mr Mokoena (Not realy) in my class, he was a total idiot. <--Racist remark ??? And then...
I had Willem Prinsloo in my class, fcking thick as schit. <--- Not racist, he's just stupid. ???
Yes

greg0205

Right...

Were Mr Mokoena and Mr Prinsloo afforded the same opportunities before making it to your class?

Was Mr Mokoena born in a township? Was it an informal school? A public school? Could the family afford extra tuition? How about aftercare? Did he have to get up before dawn to walk to school? Tell me about his nutrition growing up.

Was Mr Prinsloo a suburban kid? Did he go to a Model C or Private school because his parents could afford it?

You're grading the two at who's baseline?

Education has always had a race bias, Hunter... The problem here is that we'd need to introduce the systemic-racism-monster-under-your-bed to have this conversation in good faith, and I'm pretty sure you're a hard no to that.

Dave

Now I wouldn’t call you a racist for either remark, but if you had gone a little further and said (or insinuated) that Mr Mokoena was an idiot because he was black or because of his culture then I would think you were being racist.

TabacNW

Right...

Were Mr Mokoena and Mr Prinsloo afforded the same opportunities before making it to your class?

Was Mr Mokoena born in a township? Was it an informal school? A public school? Could the family afford extra tuition? How about aftercare? Did he have to get up before dawn to walk to school? Tell me about his nutrition growing up.

Was Mr Prinsloo a suburban kid? Did he go to a Model C or Private school because his parents could afford it?

You're grading the two at who's baseline?

Education has always had a race bias, Hunter... The problem here is that we'd need to introduce the systemic-racism-monster-under-your-bed to have this conversation in good faith, and I'm pretty sure you're a hard no to that.
Goeie fok. So what about Willem who's also an idiot ? Because he's white you throw him under the bus and only focus on Mokoena ?

TabacNW

Now I wouldn’t call you a racist for either remark, but if you had gone a little further and said (or insinuated) that Mr Mokoena was an idiot because he was black or because of his culture then I would think you were being racist.
Thanks Dave. That was my point. This was not about race, it's about two idiots but calling one an idiot defines you as a racist - According to the majority with a chip on the shoulder.

greg0205

Goeie fok. So what about Willem who's also an idiot ? Because he's white you throw him under the bus and only focus on Mokoena ?
Your post wasn't about the fictional characters you created, Hunter. It was about you.

It was about your conscious or unconscious bias.

TabacNW

Your post wasn't about the fictional characters you created, Hunter. It was about you.

It was about your conscious or unconscious bias.
Can't debate with you. It was about the characters. I'm borring, don't have to debate me.