The weight loss/gain thread

Spizz

Sounds like my story Bio, let it go this year but gave myself a good kick in the arse over the weekend. So from yesterday morning…

Week 0. 103.4kg

DateWeightLoss/Gain (total)
17/10103.4-
24/10102.1-1.3 (-1.3)

Had a great week. Green smoothies every lunchtime from Kauai, stir fry/veggies for dinner.

Then the weekend came and I let go a bit. Still a net loss though and will smash it this week.

biometrics

I’m going to check in Tuesdays so any water retention due to weekend alcohol is shed.

biometrics

When walking at 5km/h the kJ used are:

= 0.24567 (kJ/kg/min walking 5 km/h) * weight (kg) * exercise (minutes)

So a 10km walk over two hours for me would use: 0.24567 x 109.3 x 120 = 3,222 kJ

A bottle of red wine is 2,600 kJ. So I guess I'll be doing a lot of walking over xmas.

Rudolph Hart

When walking at 5km/h the kJ used are:

= 0.24567 (kJ/kg/min walking 5 km/h) * weight (kg) * exercise (minutes)

So a 10km walk over two hours for me would use: 0.24567 x 109.3 x 120 = 3,222 kJ

A bottle of red wine is 2,600 kJ. So I guess I'll be doing a lot of walking over xmas.
8km would be enough to walk off a bottle, you’re already 2km ahead of the game.

biometrics

I've been trying to take a 30 minute/3km walk every lunchtime.
That can only help. So in your case you used this many kJ (assuming a brisk walk): = 0.24567 * 102.1 * 30 = 750 kJ

I've been getting into the swing of things mentally, I'll start doing a daily walk soon...

Spizz

That can only help. So in your case you used this many kJ (assuming a brisk walk): = 0.24567 * 102.1 * 30 = 750 kJ

I've been getting into the swing of things mentally, I'll start doing a daily walk soon...

I listen to an audiobook when I walk. It helps sometimes when I can't be bothered with the walk but then continuing the story spurs me on to get off my butt.

biometrics

I have my phone with me so I normally use Apples own Books app, but I also have a 3rd party app called BookPlayer for the audiobooks that arrived by ship (cough).
I see the app is on the Watch, so I assume you could use the Watch & Airpods? My Watch is cellular so I could do without the phone. Have you tried this? Or does the Watch needs the phone for the storage?

Spizz

I see the app is on the Watch, so I assume you could use the Watch & Airpods? My Watch is cellular so I could do without the phone. Have you tried this? Or does the Watch needs the phone for the storage?

I’ve never tried it as I always take my phone with me anyway, but looking at the book app in the watch it says it automatically downloads 5 hours of the book you are listening to directly to the watch. That I’m assuming is books bought from the Apple App Store anyway.

What model watch have you because space might be an issue if it’s downloading a big chunk of book. I looked at my storage in my phone now and there is no mention of book app under storage but there is 1.27th under music and I’ve not got any music on the watch afaik so that’s no doubt the book.

And yes, I listen on my AirPods as I walk.

Sinbad

Body comp scale says the increase is down to muscle mass. I can believe it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk