The weight loss/gain thread

AdrianH

What's your guys take on doing a week or two of fasting, 8 hours allowed to eat, and then 16 hours only water.

So for me, my 8 hours would likely be from 10am to 6pm, and then fast from 6pm to 10am the next day.

Spizz

What's your guys take on doing a week or two of fasting, 8 hours allowed to eat, and then 16 hours only water.

So for me, my 8 hours would likely be from 10am to 6pm, and then fast from 6pm to 10am the next day.

That’s what I do. Lunch at midday, evening mean about 6-7pm. Nothing before or after.

Sinbad

It's called intermittent fasting and it works well for some people.

I can't do it though. I get too hungry.

Spizz

It's called intermittent fasting and it works well for some people.

I can't do it though. I get too hungry.

It normalises after a few days. I used to have a banana if I couldn’t get though to lunch. Now I go well past lunch without realising I’m hungry.

Düber

It normalises after a few days. I used to have a banana if I couldn’t get though to lunch. Now I go well past lunch without realising I’m hungry.

My entire life I have had a snack or a sandwich at lunchtime and a very large meal at night, not saying its right or wrong but it works for me. If I have a large lunch or breakfast I feel very sluggish.
I always thought it was not a common way of eating until I saw a Carte Blanche inset that explores something called a "wolf" diet.

My take is that everybody's metabolism works differently so you need to find what works for you.

LD50

I don't know what happened but as of Monday past I've been exercising everyday at home. Orbitrek and punching bag for cardio, dumbbell routines for all muscles , leg exercises etc.
Adding to that, not a single drop of alcohol so far this week? wtf? Ok, unbeknownst to many I'm quite the chronic heavy drinker.
Also no snacking without effort, none! My breakfast this morning was a boiled egg...another boiled egg at 15h00 cause it was there ( I wasn't hungry. Came home, the SO made some chili chicken stirfry bedryf, I ate maybe half a plate...still not hungry
Hope this lasts

biometrics

I don't know what happened but as of Monday past I've been exercising everyday at home. Orbitrek and punching bag for cardio, dumbbell routines for all muscles , leg exercises etc.
Adding to that, not a single drop of alcohol so far this week? wtf? Ok, unbeknownst to many I'm quite the chronic heavy drinker.
Also no snacking without effort, none! My breakfast this morning was a boiled egg...another boiled egg at 15h00 cause it was there ( I wasn't hungry. Came home, the SO made some chili chicken stirfry bedryf, I ate maybe half a plate...still not hungry
Hope this lasts
It's all about a mental shift. Go for it... (I'll return to the wagon on Sunday, never give up!)

LD50

It's all about a mental shift. Go for it... (I'll return to the wagon on Sunday, never give up!)
Yeah look I haven't worked out any plan yet in terms of eating and exercising (will still get to that). For some reason I just started going in blind. Must say I feel "lighter" already with more energy and better sleep.
Alcohol: contemplating going on like a 3 month alcohol fast for the liver's sake

biometrics

Yeah look I haven't worked out any plan yet in terms of eating and exercising (will still get to that). For some reason I just started going in blind. Must say I feel "lighter" already with more energy and better sleep.
Alcohol: contemplating going on like a 3 month alcohol fast for the liver's sake
In my experience (repeatedly) you lose a lot the first few days due to water retention. Which is great.

I'd advise against super strict programs, have some leeway.

Spizz

Meh, been bad all week, back on the wagon tomorrow.

I’m having a shocker. Been on the road this week and it’s messed with my routines big time. 94.5 this morning.

Fuck knows how today goes and I’m off on a long drive to EC tomorrow and back on Monday

biometrics

I’m having a shocker. Been on the road this week and it’s messed with my routines big time. 94.5 this morning.

Fuck knows how today goes and I’m off on a long drive to EC tomorrow and back on Monday
You have a scale with you?

Spizz

You have a scale with you?

I’m at home. Got home last night, away again tomorrow to Humansdorp and back.

Flight times are rotten so just going to drive and take in the scenery. 595km according to google. I reckon 6 hours should do it without gunning it.

Sinbad

WeekWeightWeekly ChangeTotal change
0120.1Starting weight when I got the scale0
1119.5-0.6-0.6
2121.1+1.6+1
3118.7-2.4-1.4
4118.6-0.1-1.5
5117.4-1.2-2.7

Spizz

I'm in what used to be a hotel (probably in the 1950's) in the EC so won't be able to weigh in until tomorrow.

Good news is I reigned it in over the weekend and got rid of the bloat. My 94.4 after the road trip on Friday was 92.7 yesterday before I set out but let's see how this long trip affects me tomorrow morning.