The Chat Room

Sonikku

Apparently Poeskom is suspending loadshedding tomorrow.
So I am going to load up my printer and make a statue.
Don't call her Dottie
1699636042193.png

biometrics

That will definitely help
It's been a year of realism. Turning 55 and have no savings. Living in a nice house that we've paid half of but new bond is 20 years. So I'll be 75 when it's paid off? With no savings! No fuck that shit this isn't working. Move to a decent but affordable place, reduce debt dramatically, start saving.

I don't even know if I'll make it to 75, not even considering the working until then. Christ.

LD50

It's been a year of realism. Turning 55 and have no savings. Living in a nice house that we've paid half of but new bond is 20 years. So I'll be 75 when it's paid off? With no savings! No fuck that shit this isn't working. Move to a decent but affordable place, reduce debt dramatically, start saving.

I don't even know if I'll make it to 75, not even considering the working until then. Christ.
It's all a matter of perspective. Define a good lifestyle - your definition will differ from the next person. Same goes for "what is important".
Many people throw their future away because of the way they live right now, to the brim of their means or above their means. Not all Fortuner drivers can actually afford the Fortuner...you get what I mean?
Be sensible

Nicholas

I have some savings. Probably a laughable amount to most people here, but still savings, strictly speaking. It started a few years ago when I started to stuff my mattress with money set aside some of my salary [and bonuses when we still got them].

Then again, I haven't had to worry about things like buying/renting accommodation, buying and maintaining a vehicle, buying food, paying rates, or entertaining friends. I used to splurge more on toys regularly, but now hardly ever and then only when my Strict Voice allows it.

Last edited: