The Chat Room

Venomous

I spent 5 (five) hours at a play park in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town yesterday.

Thank god they have a small bar just off site so I could down two beers at lunch.

It is Bugz, which is a really fun place for the 6-8 year range, which fits my kids.

If you ever need something to do with kids 3-12 years, this is it. Cheap (well, compared to other play parks) at R160 p/p and no time limits. And they have a bar.

Did I mention the bar? They have a bar.
But what about us that don't have 6-8 year olds and don't need to drink beer either?

Nicholas

maybe have the mobo tested. sometimes post LS surges can damage the PSU that can then lead to shorts on the mobo or shorting the SATA power cables to the HDD.
friend lost a mobo and 2 HDD because of a post LS surge that damaged his PSU.
Not sure it is worth the fuss. I'd have to find out what Saturday morning my brother can take me to a PC shop, pay for testing, and possibly still have to replace it. Not driving does have its occasional downside.

Nicholas

Clumsy hands.

Should have been "Stay at home or find somewhere else to go."

If that is unfair discrimination, then Curves is guilty of it.

S

Sonikku

And before people bitch. I'm aware that is a lot of money, but I eat 5 times a day. Coz I need to stay healthy. It's also how I prevent weight gain.

If I don't force that then I would only eat 2 to 3 meals a WEEK. Which then causes awful levels of weight gain. I've been shat on by both the GP and the biokineticist. It took almost 4 weeks of 5 meals a day before I was hungry before breakfast. Dinner 18:00. Breakfast 08:00. It took about another 3 weeks before I was hungry between the other meals. I also eat protein with every meal, be it eggs, chicken, tuna, beef steak, pork fillet etc. In a day I would have 1 meal with salad, 1 meal containing fruit. 1 meal containing veg.

As both the GP and the biokineticist told me - I had eaten badly for so long that my body just didn't know when to expect food, and as I wasn't eating for a variety of reasons my body just didn't ask for food and in general I've always only eaten when hungry.
So yes I gained weight coz my body tried to hold onto any food value it could find. So where other people need to avoid food to lose weight I needed to eat food to lose weight. I'm pretty much were I need to be so now eat for maintenance.

My next meal is in about 30min. Today that's salad and a tin of tuna. Lettuce quantity - about what goes into a small lettuce bag, plus things like a tomato, green pepper, carrot etc.

I am both lactose and gluten intolerant, so most people won't eat the way I do.

How did I end up there (bad eating habit and weight). Easy between stress unhappiness, frustration etc etc I didn't feel hungry. If I'm not hungry, I didn't eat. Over a few years it added up. I did drink a lot of water, but not so much food. A meal would fit on a side plate. If I cooked for others I would spit out food I was tasting if I wasn't hungry.

I was also told that my body will easily revert back o the old bad habits if I'm not disciplined enough with myself, so eat I shall.
And it's pissing off mr coz he's paying for most of the food. Says I'm too food oriented. I will not say that I'm not. I do carry food in my bag if he wants us to go somewhere, not for a meal.
I understand this, for some folks it is quite necessary to eat the way you do. So respect!

S

Sonikku

And here we go again, my Snoopy dog kennel is going brrrrrrmmmm because fucking Poeskom.
Another R50 of petrol, and another R50 tonight

Baxteen

And here we go again, my Snoopy dog kennel is going brrrrrrmmmm because fucking Poeskom.
one more time for the idiot in the back that is not following at all

Baxteen

now it makes sense!
why dont you put some sound insolation into the roof and sides of it?

S

Sonikku

Saw this gem on my way this morning to my kid's school.
This one landed the way it did and didn't go into the office garden like the other one did a couple of weeks prior.
Stupidity in Cape Town
1699883102203.jpeg
One would think that after 100+ accidents in the SAME LOCATION that the CoCT would do something about this intersection. Nope!

biometrics

This one landed the way it did and didn't go into the office garden like the other one did a couple of weeks prior.
Stupidity in Cape Town
View attachment 38888
One would think that after 100+ accidents in the SAME LOCATION that the CoCT would do something about this intersection. Nope!
When I still had an office in the city and drove in from Melkbos I would see at least one, or more, robots or street lights run over every Monday.

Last edited:

Venomous

🤣🤣🤣

What a way to say that you're running your generator.

We were off 12:00-14:00 and will be off again 16:00-18:30

Venomous

Stupidity in Cape Town
View attachment 38888
The poor tree!