The Chat Room

Nicholas

@biometrics: How are you faring?

It rained here last night. We may have more wet weather today.
I still have a voice for horror story voiceovers. [Someone at work said that they wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley.]

biometrics

@biometrics: How are you faring?

It rained here last night. We may have more wet weather today.
I still have a voice for horror story voiceovers. [Someone at work said that they wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley.]
Back to normal thank goodness. Sleeping was somewhat problematic with the leftover gas. Heading back soon.

What’s with the voice, got a cold?

Nicholas

Hello, dear readers. I have some bad news for you. I am cancelling my book project because I cannot write the first chapter. Yes, you heard me right. I have been staring at a blank screen for months, trying to come up with a brilliant opening sentence that would hook you in and make you want to read more. But nothing comes to mind. Nothing at all.

I have tried everything: brainstorming, outlining, freewriting, reading other books for inspiration, drinking coffee, drinking wine, drinking whiskey, meditating, praying, crying, begging, bribing, threatening... Nothing works. I am stuck. I am hopeless. I am a failure.

So I have decided to give up on my dream of becoming a bestselling author and pursue a more realistic career path. Like becoming a clown. Or a mime. Or a professional cuddler. Anything that does not require me to write anything ever again.

I know you are disappointed and angry with me. You were looking forward to reading my masterpiece, which was supposed to be a thrilling mix of mystery, romance, comedy and horror. You were expecting me to deliver a literary gem that would make you laugh, cry, scream and swoon. You were hoping I would change your life with my words.

Well, too bad. You will never get to read my book because it does not exist and it never will. And it is all because I cannot write the first chapter.

I am sorry for letting you down. Please forgive me and forget me.

Yours sincerely,
The worst writer in the world.

Laying it on thick with Bing Compose.

Baxteen

took an adible ealy this morning and spent the day being very lazy and playing PC games. was fantastic