The Chat Room

biometrics

Time for the fireplace, haven’t been able to use it due to introducing a new cat and the living room was his safe space.

IMG_0326.jpeg

Nicholas

Went to Clicks Pharmacy to buy my monthly medication on Saturday. There has been a manufacturing fault at the plant that synthesizes Phenytoin Sodium. That is my seizure medication. :eek:

I called my psychiatrist's reception at 09H00 and asked the receptionist I spoke to, to pass the message on to my psych. and provide a script for an alternative if possible.

/Stay calm and think of Marcus Aurelius

Baxteen

that is pretty hectic. I am assuming you go refill your script with a few left and not at the last minute right?
and also have you tried any online pharmacies to fill the script?

Nicholas

that is pretty hectic. I am assuming you go refill your script with a few left and not at the last minute right?
and also have you tried any online pharmacies to fill the script?
I prefer not to leave things until the last minute, so I have enough to take me through to Thursday night.

Online pharmacies? You mean try to import it? Would need a script, so I shall have to wait and see what my psych. decides to do.

Nicholas

I didn't know people wanted seizures.

;)
You know how mental illness is sometimes depicted as glamorous in popular culture, and celebrities with mental illnesses are treated as newsworthy? Well, with a local celebrity having died of a seizure, some people just have to add "epileptic" to their social media profiles...
Humans are odd.

Baxteen

I prefer not to leave things until the last minute, so I have enough to take me through to Thursday night.

Online pharmacies? You mean try to import it? Would need a script, so I shall have to wait and see what my psych. decides to do.
no there is an online pharmacy that delivers straight to your door. my wife got a lot of her vitamins from them post surgery. I think they are called pharmacydirect or something like that. Discovery even took note that the medication were claimed for and denied and paid for out of pocket so its a legit site. I will ask my wife for some details for you.
Confirmed with her it is indeed Pharmacy Direct

Last edited:

Nicholas

no there is an online pharmacy that delivers straight to your door. my wife got a lot of her vitamins from them post surgery. I think they are called pharmacydirect or something like that. Discovery even took note that the medication were claimed for and denied and paid for out of pocket so its a legit site. I will ask my wife for some details for you.
There has been a manufacturing fault at the pharmaceutical plant that makes my medication. None is available.

My medical aid used Pharmacy Direct to have my medication delivered to me back when I could afford to pay for a plan that included cover for depression medication.

Baxteen

There has been a manufacturing fault at the pharmaceutical plant that makes my medication. None is available.

My medical aid used Pharmacy Direct to have my medication delivered to me back when I could afford to pay for a plan that included cover for depression medication.
its worth giving them a try for your current problem. as far as I saw with the weird stuff Caryn needed to get post surgery they are cheaper or at least on par with both small local places and larger chains like Dischem and clicks.
most of her medication we have changed to alternatives because she no longer needs to spend R5K just to visit the Surgeon once every 6 months just for them to give a scripts for R3K worth of vitamins every month. we have replaced the vitamins with things bought from Dischem and it now costs R500. but vitamins get weird when you need to take a lot of them. X and Y cant be taken together. Z has 3 different options and are absorbed in different ways.
I think its Iron and Zinc that fight for the same resource on absorption so you need to take Iron in the morning and Zinc at night. maybe the other way around, and may be 2 different ones. she has a whole time table of when to take what. some before eating others after some before bed some first thing in the morning. and that is all due to many tests and lots of reading up. its been the most difficult thing once the surgery was over was getting those correct. because they effect each other and her blood pressure and also when she can take her other more important medicine to manage anxiety. even those had to change post surgery because of how that is absorbed.

Nicholas

My psychiatrist wrote out a script for a Phenytoin Sodium alternative this morning. It has emailed to a Clicks Pharmacy near me.

Baxteen

nice. lets hope that works well for you. changing medication for an unown is never a fun experience. lets hope you see no difference.

satanboy

Bash is a product developed by TFGLabs, a start-up created inside TFG, a multinational conglomerate and South Africa's largest fashion retailer.