The Chat Room

greg0205

It has been a very long time since I read any Tolkien. :oops:

Cheap, mass-produced, biological killing machines? Does Tolkien ever speculate on how their numbers might have been replenished - especially after The War of Wrath?

Perhaps they should begin to call their productions fan fiction? :p

What do you mean need to speculate about it? It's just take other races and corrupt them, then you have orcs. The original orcs are generally agreed to be corrupted elves, they were there before man. Uruk-hai are crossbreeds of human and orc (that's why the better tools and stuff), so you could maybe argue female ones there, but I doubt Saruman would have wanted any so they would not have survived.

Could be longer ;).
All my grandparents never ended up in an old age home, though older side did get permanent help at the house from around 93/95.
Dad's side there's 3 who did end up in old age homes (all aunts), but they all suffer from illnesses that make taking care of oneself difficult, late 80's.
First , word up, folks, it's been a while...

Second, Morgoth made orcs as a mockery of elves:

Yet this is held true by the wise of Eressëa: that all those of the Quendi that came into the hands of Melkor, ere Utumno was broken, were put there in prison, and by slow arts of cruelty and wickedness were corrupted and enslaved. Thus did Melkor breed the hideous race of the Orkor in envy and mockery of the Eldar, of whom they were afterwards the bitterest foes. For the Orkor had life and multiplied after the manner of the Children of Ilúvatar; and naught that had life of its own, nor the semblance thereof, could ever Melkor make since his rebellion in the Ainulindalë before the Beginning: so say the wise. And deep in their dark hearts the Orkor loathed the Master whom they served in fear, the maker only of their misery. This maybe was the vilest deed of Melkor and the most hateful to Eru

"multiplied after the manner of the Children of Ilúvatar" suggest there are female orcs 'tho.

Third, there's been a Rings of Power discussion going on in the dark side for a while now... I uploaded every Tolkien but one, The Letters of J.R.R Tolkien which I didn't have, in epub format for Kieppie.

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 8.33.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 8.33.30 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 8.33.38 PM.png

If y'all want the mega link, just let me know.

Nicholas

Welcome back, Greg.

Thanks for joining in on the discussion.

"For the Orkor had life and multiplied after the manner of the Children of Ilúvatar"

Hence half-orcs? Even when not being mustered to war, I would not be surprised if there were raids and skirmishes between human and orc settlements.

Nicholas

"Third, there's been a Rings of Power discussion going on in the dark side for a while now..."

News of this travesty has travelled beyond even the Walls of Night! ;-)

Jings

First , word up, folks, it's been a while...

Second, Morgoth made orcs as a mockery of elves:

"multiplied after the manner of the Children of Ilúvatar" suggest there are female orcs 'tho.

Third, there's been a Rings of Power discussion going on in the dark side for a while now... I uploaded every Tolkien but one, The Letters of J.R.R Tolkien which I didn't have, in epub format for Kieppie.

View attachment 34020

View attachment 34021
View attachment 34022

If y'all want the mega link, just let me know.

Do you have a favourite?