The Chat Room

Johnatan56

It has been a very long time since I read any Tolkien. :oops:

Cheap, mass-produced, biological killing machines? Does Tolkien ever speculate on how their numbers might have been replenished - especially after The War of Wrath?

Perhaps they should begin to call their productions fan fiction? :p
What do you mean need to speculate about it? It's just take other races and corrupt them, then you have orcs. The original orcs are generally agreed to be corrupted elves, they were there before man. Uruk-hai are crossbreeds of human and orc (that's why the better tools and stuff), so you could maybe argue female ones there, but I doubt Saruman would have wanted any so they would not have survived.
Old age home.
Could be longer ;).
All my grandparents never ended up in an old age home, though older side did get permanent help at the house from around 93/95.
Dad's side there's 3 who did end up in old age homes (all aunts), but they all suffer from illnesses that make taking care of oneself difficult, late 80's.

Last edited:

Jings

What do you mean need to speculate about it? It's just take other races and corrupt them, then you have orcs. The original orcs are generally agreed to be corrupted elves, they were there before man. Uruk-hai are crossbreeds of human and orc (that's why the better tools and stuff), so you could maybe argue female ones there, but I doubt Saruman would have wanted any so they would not have survived.

Could be longer ;).
All my grandparents never ended up in an old age home, though older side did get permanent help at the house from around 93/95.
Dad's side there's 3 who did end up in old age homes (all aunts), but they all suffer from illnesses that make taking care of oneself difficult, late 80's.

Amazing how one can have a serious conversation about Orcs.

Nicholas

I haven't read much of his work other than The Silmarillion, The Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit. He left many notes which were edited and published posthumously by his son, Christopher, as well as letters. I don't know what else he may have said about orcs, especially those that came into being beyond the First Age. I don't know what a hypothetical female orc would be like in the Tolkien universe, so I can't comment on their suitability for combat. :oops:

Nicholas

I have noticed that my tablet [Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 with S-Pen] loses power quickly these days, even when I am not using it.