The Chat Room

Nicholas

It says "Good".

My suggestion is you do upgrade but a more modest 5600X. Get it out of your system... ;)
I started looking at the Core i3 as a way of keeping costs down over the weekend. [If my 3470 still feels adequate to me....]
Do the 5600 and 5600X reach the advertised boost clocks using their stock coolers?

Nicholas

The video gives me the impression that Intel CPUs aren't being completely destroyed by Ryzen processors the way I thought.

R3400 for a Core i5 12400F
R2300 for a Core i3 12100F

Combined with one of the cheaper B760 motherboards and 16Gb of DDR4 RAM, perhaps.

Arzy

I have the Strix Scar 17 as my main machine at home. Beast of a thing. Was considering building a new desktop this year and after looking at the pricing ended up just buying a screen and plugging it into the laptop.

Haven't had a single issue so far and nothing I've played showed any signs of stuttering.

biometrics

I started looking at the Core i3 as a way of keeping costs down over the weekend. [If my 3470 still feels adequate to me....]
Do the 5600 and 5600X reach the advertised boost clocks using their stock coolers?
No idea. But it was included which is nice.

EADC

Why are you flying a lot?

I fly back to SA and on holiday alot.

It's the curse of not being home and being a flight away from anywhere

Living here over and above my company pays me to fly back home once a year

BloodrayneZA

It says "Good".

My suggestion is you do upgrade but a more modest 5600X. Get it out of your system... ;)
Yeah the only issue I'm seeing is 84% good. I would just replace the hard drive all together and go for an SSD. I did that not too long ago and the purchase was worth it. I only paid £16 for a 250GB NVME M2 SSD.