The Chat Room

Nicholas

Yeah the only issue I'm seeing is 84% good. I would just replace the hard drive all together and go for an SSD. I did that not too long ago and the purchase was worth it. I only paid £16 for a 250GB NVME M2 SSD.
The drive rated at 84% is an SSD.
Motherboard does not support NVME

biometrics

scudsucker

@Seldom Bucket : I have a bunch of things to do in Durban and surrounds with my kids over new years, but do you have a suggestion for fireworks? I understand the illegality of private fireworks and the kak they cause for domestic animals etc... but.. my kids have never seen a fireworks show.

Nicholas

biometrics

Why did you pick it over the 5600?
PCIe 3 vs 4. So more future proof. Though admittedly whenever I buy something with future proofing in mind seldomly do I take up the option. In this case though latest GPUs can make use of it. I have a 2080 which is still fine on PCIe 3.

Sonikku

Holds up hands:

x86
PIC
I still do assembly from time to time, for retro projects. I did this earlier in the year

Nicholas

PCIe 3 vs 4. So more future proof. Though admittedly whenever I buy something with future proofing in mind seldomly do I take up the option. In this case though latest GPUs can make use of it. I have a 2080 which is still fine on PCIe 3.
Hopefully you will be able to replace the 2080 with something to your liking when it no longer serves your needs.
I have a 6Gb GeForce GTX 1060 Carbonite Special. Upgraded from a GTX 960 for....errr.....no good reason. :p

Nicholas

I'm going to go with 12th gen. Intel. Outperforms Ryzen in their price brackets in pretty much everything other than file compression/decompression. ASUS B760 motherboard