Over 18 (was 35, 50) in SA? Register for vaccination NOW!

Venomous

If you have recently recovered from covid you need to wait at least 30 days before having the jab

Spizz

Guess it depends on how rapidly you recover. The Discovery advice last week was 10-14 days.

This is a contentious issue. Would it be better not to have the jab if you’ve already recovered and you have build up some resistance naturally? Even if you get it after your first jab and recover, should you have the second?

I’ve no idea, just been thinking about it.

Rudolph Hart

Just a note on the waiting period - she didn’t want to give me the shot because she thought it needed to be 90 days. She went and checked, and it was all sorted. Apparently it’s 90 days if you were hospitalised, 30 for mild infections.

Rudolph Hart

Just for the sake of completeness, my side effects from the vaccination (Pfizer) are slightly sore arm; a bit of a headache; and tiredness. I went to bed at least two and a half hours earlier than my usual bed time last night.

R

rambo919

Just for the sake of completeness, my side effects from the vaccination (Pfizer) are slightly sore arm; a bit of a headache; and tiredness. I went to bed at least two and a half hours earlier than my usual bed time last night.
First or second jab? Apparently it's the second that nails ya.

R

rambo919

First. Don’t depress me - it’s been a shit enough month or two already.
As long as you know to plan ahead for the second one in advance. Similar to drinking a pink drop where it's best to already be sitting on the toilet.

Rudolph Hart

As long as you know to plan ahead for the second one in advance. Similar to drinking a pink drop where it's best to already be sitting on the toilet.
Ah, as in get it on a Monday so that it doesn’t mess up my weekend and can come off sick leave.