Over 18 (was 35, 50) in SA? Register for vaccination NOW!

Johnatan56

From what I've read it makes no difference.
You'll probably either have a worse effect or worse/longer symptoms, alcohol suppresses the immune system. This is not talking about having one beer or a glass of wine, more than that, but where the line in the sand is is quite individual.

Paul Hjul

Was given very specific advise by the pharmacy assistant at Clicks against boozing it with J&J for a day or so after the administration. People - including health workers who got it early - had report feeling like total shit after relatively light drinking after the vaccine.

There is reporting and data collation on efficacy effects which are a little inconclusive to be honest and I think the general view of best dip down on alcohol is a default go to. So I don't think it's really prudent to try to argue about how much alcohol to have before and after a particular jab to improve efficacy.
But even if anecdotal the case of people feeling more shit than warranted means I am going to hold off for the day or so. So I did. My father used to differentiate between "it's advisable not to consume alcohol while on medication" with "you can have a drink with this, and then regret it"

Spizz

I feel very tired and my head feels separated from the rest of me.

Yep, I felt heavy hungover next morning after my second one. I'd suggest you take some Panado and stay in bed. I was better by afternoon although the headache only cleared in the evening. I then had a great sleep from about 9pm and next day was brand new again.

SlinkyMike

Yep, I felt heavy hungover next morning after my second one. I'd suggest you take some Panado and stay in bed. I was better by afternoon although the headache only cleared in the evening. I then had a great sleep from about 9pm and next day was brand new again.
Good to know, thanks. My second is in a week.

Spizz

Good to know, thanks. My second is in a week.

Wife got hers 30 minutes ago. It’ll be interesting to see how she feels now as she had a sleepless night after the first one due to arm being sore, whereas I was quite okay.

Venomous

I am not vaccinated for covid
I am not allowed to get the vaccination right now.
Covid took that choice from me.
Early next year I will have to discuss with physician and ask if there are tests they can do.

While it is not a normal flu... I react badly to common flu vacs. What will one do to me if its aimed at a stronger virus?

First my lungs must heal, then I can look at that...

Last edited:

SlinkyMike

Wife got hers 30 minutes ago. It’ll be interesting to see how she feels now as she had a sleepless night after the first one due to arm being sore, whereas I was quite okay.
I had the arm thing from the firs jab, took a day or two to get really sore then it was gone overnight. I think it's just the chip bedding down.