Over 18 (was 35, 50) in SA? Register for vaccination NOW!

R

rambo919

Ah, as in get it on a Monday so that it doesn’t mess up my weekend and can come off sick leave.
Also watch out for heavy traffic loads..... people have literally passed out behind the wheel because they thought they were fine for driving back to work.... and then they were out.

Düber

Got mine today, Pfizer, don't feel anything except for a bit of tenderness at the injection site.

biometrics

Since Pfizer's phase 3 trial interval between 1st and 2nd doses were three weeks, I wonder if we could get the 2nd now. Had my 1st three weeks ago.

Düber

Since Pfizer's phase 3 trial interval between 1st and 2nd doses were three weeks, I wonder if we could get the 2nd now. Had my 1st three weeks ago.

I was told my next should be in 6 weeks, so 8th of September is when I am due.

biometrics

I was told my next should be in 6 weeks, so 8th of September is when I am due.
In SA we have a six weeks between. I think the UK was 12 weeks. But Pfizer's phase 3 trail, on which the emergency authorisation is based, was three weeks.

Just curious if they would give me the second if I do a walk in.

Düber

I think your immune response will be stronger if you wait a bit and these things are worked out fairly carefully, but I am not a doctor.

I somehow doubt you would be able to get the dose earlier.
Presumably you also got a card/certificate( not sure what to call it) that records when and where you got vaccinated with the vaccination logged on the government system, I got an SMS before I had even left Clicks.

Johnatan56

In SA we have a six weeks between. I think the UK was 12 weeks. But Pfizer's phase 3 trail, on which the emergency authorisation is based, was three weeks.

It's basically staggered to give more people a chance at the first shot.

R

rambo919

The idea (I think) at least partially is to keep the spread of shots optimal so that you do not overwhelm your immune system. If you take all of them at once.... eina.

Johnatan56

The idea (I think) at least partially is to keep the spread of shots optimal so that you do not overwhelm your immune system. If you take all of them at once.... eina.
Not really, it has more to do with that you have a huge antibody increase after the shot, it's more to train your body to keep them around for longer. Your body probably already finished dealing with the first dose within a few days/max 2 weeks.

Spizz

@biometrics

According to Public Health England, Pfizer jabs can safely be administered after just 21 days.

So you're good to go, but......

But government scientific advisor Professor Anthony Harnden says for others, the "sweet spot" is eight weeks and any earlier means you won't be protected for as long.

dabean

Got mine today, Pfizer, don't feel anything except for a bit of tenderness at the injection site.

Same here. I was going to do a walk-in on the 1st of August (if I didn't get an appointment by then) but I got one for the 28th.

In and out in 25 minutes at Universitas Hospital. They had a whole hall full of vaccination tables (maybe 50), very busy and well organised. Long queue but moved very quickly.

Yesterday my arm was quite sore quite quickly (within an hour or so) and I fell asleep before 8pm.

Today my arm is much better but the rest of my aches, like my shoulder is 10% of yesterday's pain level and my back/neck/headache level is at 5%. Early night again (been tired all day) and hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to normal.

My next appointment is also for the 8th of September.

Spizz

Same here. I was going to do a walk-in on the 1st of August (if I didn't get an appointment by then) but I got one for the 28th.

In and out in 25 minutes at Universitas Hospital. They had a whole hall full of vaccination tables (maybe 50), very busy and well organised. Long queue but moved very quickly.

Yesterday my arm was quite sore quite quickly (within an hour or so) and I fell asleep before 8pm.

Today my arm is much better but the rest of my aches, like my shoulder is 10% of yesterday's pain level and my back/neck/headache level is at 5%. Early night again (been tired all day) and hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to normal.

My next appointment is also for the 8th of September.

How did you get a next appointment date already?