Over 18 (was 35, 50) in SA? Register for vaccination NOW!

Venomous

I agree. People need to know that you really cannot predict how you will be affected.
Totally true. I only had high fever and was very tired.
No cough, sneeze, nothing.

The other 2 had full on bad flu.

And I get the hospital run.

This virus just damn well needs to be ended somehow

biometrics

Unfortunately due to all the fake info being peddled and amplified on social media plus the politics at play the world will not eradicate covid. It is here to stay. Just get yourself vaccinated and watch the anti vax fools die. Will make the world a better place ultimately.

Venomous

Unfortunately due to all the fake info being peddled and amplified on social media plus the politics at play the world will not eradicate covid. It is here to stay. Just get yourself vaccinated and watch the anti vax fools die. Will make the world a better place ultimately.
Problem is I now have to wait 6 months plus 90 days. So 9 months from now. I got ill just before the 35+ opened.

Meaning I cannot go near the jab until about April next year. So until then I have to hope I stay safe...

biometrics

Problem is I now have to wait 6 months plus 90 days. So 9 months from now. I got ill just before the 35+ opened.

Meaning I cannot go near the jab until about April next year. So until then I have to hope I stay safe...
Yeah, but you should have immunity to an extent, so just be careful as much as possible until then.

Venomous

Yeah, but you should have immunity to an extent, so just be careful as much as possible until then.
My problem will be other dominant strains. Lamda apparently 70% more/quicker infectious that Delta, which I had. Meaning it is spreading very quickly. It's harm wise on par with Delta.
(don't know how true, but is what I've heard)

biometrics

My problem will be other dominant strains. Lamda apparently 70% more/quicker infectious that Delta, which I had. Meaning it is spreading very quickly. It's harm wise on par with Delta.
Delta is dominant worldwide atm. Though there is a chance of worse variants it could very well mutate into a milder dominant virus.

Johnatan56

You should be fine, as in worst-case you'll probably get normal "mild" flu if you get it again, since your body should react mostly correctly the next time.

It's a case of it's a problem when you'll get there, don't worry about it now, statistically you'll be fine.

Tribs

I hope so - my poor hospital plan paid out a fortune.
Trying to see totals but it seems 180k just for hubby

Last edited:

Jings

That's what medical aids are for. It all goes into a pool for collection when you need it.

Johnatan56

Don't worry, I contributed ~23 years of ~3k/month, so ~865k, and only used one or two million in surgeries, the collective pool is still fine. :p

(my brother and sis contributed that as well and never withdrew though, and I have yet to pay for a doctors appointment). Rather be happy that it's taken care of for you, and remember to keep the medical aid going.

Venomous

You should be fine, as in worst-case you'll probably get normal "mild" flu if you get it again, since your body should react mostly correctly the next time.

It's a case of it's a problem when you'll get there, don't worry about it now, statistically you'll be fine.
My lungs are still screwed after my recent run with Delta. Doubt lungs can take anything else right now.

Walking 20 - 30 steps has me doing heavy breathing similar to what one would heavy breathe after a few rounds of good, intense sex.

Making me/us hesitant to try sex :(

And It's been nearly a month, so I'm STARVED!

Spizz

My lungs are still screwed after my recent run with Delta. Doubt lungs can take anything else right now.

Walking 20 - 30 steps has me doing heavy breathing similar to what one would heavy breathe after a few rounds of good, intense sex.

Making me/us hesitant to try sex :(

And It's been nearly a month, so I'm STARVED!

Yep, you're getting better :D

Spizz

@biometrics

I was just speaking to a couple of friends who have just had their second jabs this morning. They received sms last week to go to the CDC but apparently they said it was mobbed. "If you didn't have Covid before you went in, you'd have it on the way out"

So they went as walk-ins to the Clicks across form the ABSA and were in and out in an hour :)

Also, my daughter who felt pretty crappy yesterday after the second jab the day before, is also saying she feels "ridiculously" better today and even her arm isn't that sore. After the first one she felt sore and poorly for a few days.

biometrics

@biometrics

I was just speaking to a couple of friends who have just had their second jabs this morning. They received sms last week to go to the CDC but apparently they said it was mobbed. "If you didn't have Covid before you went in, you'd have it on the way out"

So they went as walk-ins to the Clicks across form the ABSA and were in and out in an hour :)

Also, my daughter who felt pretty crappy yesterday after the second jab the day before, is also saying she feels "ridiculously" better today and even her arm isn't that sore. After the first one she felt sore and poorly for a few days.
The CDC is next to Zwe though. I was planning on either Clicks by ABSA or the municipaility (Hermanus Auditorium).