Over 18 (was 35, 50) in SA? Register for vaccination NOW!

biometrics

Did you find it? Apparently it's in Kleinmond. You still going to try for 2nd jab Monday?
Damn right. Lady at Plaaskombuis in the valley said they are quiet at the muni, so likely going there Monday. Want this done!

As above see the EVDS won't stop you at 40 days (vs 42).

Venomous

I am not allowed to get this vaccination right now.
After a wild roller-coaster ride through high care in hospital it can take my lungs up to 6 months to recover and after that it has been advised that I wait 90 days

For me there are many questions right now.

I normally react badly to our common flu/cold vaccination. And end up getting the flu from the jab.

Could I risk a repeat infection?
Certainly not. My lungs and legs are still fucked after my recent covid fight. I nearly, very nearly lost my life.

Granted I, for a few months at least, have immunity against the delta strain.
It was not fun to spend 20 days in hospital.
And been nearly a month since I last worked.

Rock and a hard place.

Spizz

I am not allowed to get this vaccination right now.
After a wild roller-coaster ride through high care in hospital it can take my lungs up to 6 months to recover and after that it has been advised that I wait 90 days

For me there are many questions right now.

I normally react badly to our common flu/cold vaccination. And end up getting the flu from the jab.

Could I risk a repeat infection?
Certainly not. My lungs and legs are still fucked after my recent covid fight. I nearly, very nearly lost my life.

Granted I, for a few months at least, have immunity against the delta strain.
It was not fun to spend 20 days in hospital.
And been nearly a month since I last worked.

Rock and a hard place.

And plenty of time to play mind games. Concentrate on getting better. That’s the main thing just now.

Venomous

And plenty of time to play mind games. Concentrate on getting better. That’s the main thing just now.
Mind games....
Watching things outside that glass room (high care) was enough to fuck with anyone's mind. Especially if like me you're resistant to their medical coma drugs, and they settle for drugging you so well you can't really move. But you can see/blink/move head.

The number of people "taken away" was shit scary.
Couldn't help but wonder if I'm next. And it was impossible for me to communicate.

Being in there totally fucked with my mind.
Which is probably why they normally make people sleep in a medical coma

Last edited:

Tribs

Mind games....
Watching things outside that glass room (high care) was enough to fuck with anyone's mind. Especially if like me you're resistant to their medical coma drugs, and they settle for drugging you so well you can't really move. But you can see/blink/move head.

The number of people "taken away" was shit scary.
Couldn't help but wonder if I'm next. And it was impossible for me to communicate.
My son saw someone die and heard the man's wife screaming - just before they put him under. I am so glad as that made him determined that he would beat it. Beforehand he didn't realise how much danger he was in. So, while I am sorry others died - I am so glad my son did not.

Venomous

My son saw someone die and heard the man's wife screaming - just before they put him under. I am so glad as that made him determined that he would beat it. Beforehand he didn't realise how much danger he was in. So, while I am sorry others died - I am so glad my son did not.
I am glad your son managed to fight it through 🤗

By lunch time 5-6 were taken away. Some I could see. I had a view over the most of ICU ward, but was separated.

High care room meant, total seperation. Only people that came in were totally covered against the virus. Funky hoody on head, mask, blue plastic gown. Gloves, even shoe covers. Every time they left those covers were dumped in a box. Next time was new ones.
Where other people were sharing germs in general ward space.

But without that glass room I would not have made it.

What is scary is that the survival rate of the glass room is max 40%.
Meaning I was part of the 40% that needed that room.

Tribs

I am glad your son managed to fight it through 🤗

By lunch time 5-6 were taken away. Some I could see. I had a view over the most of ICU ward, but was separated.

High care room meant, total seperation. Only people that came in were totally covered against the virus. Funky hoody on head, mask, blue plastic gown. Gloves, even shoe covers. Every time they left those covers were dumped in a box. Next time was new ones.
Where other people were sharing germs in general ward space.

But without that glass room I would not have made it.

What is scary is that the survival rate of the glass room is max 40%.
Meaning I was part of the 40% that needed that room.
Yes my hubby was in High Care - didn't make it. But they really thought he was doing well. But that is the disease. You appear to be getting better and then you crash. Really glad that didn't happen to you.

A friend's uncle was also doing much better - he died yesterday.
His brother died the week before.
A lady another friend works with - she is the 3rd from their company to die. She has an 11-year-old daughter and she was a single parent.

This disease is brutal.

Spizz

We hear so much about it only being older people who are susceptible to serious illness, like over 60s. Can I ask how old your son is and is he generally a healthy lad?

Venomous

Yes my hubby was in High Care - didn't make it. But they really thought he was doing well. But that is the disease. You appear to be getting better and then you crash. Really glad that didn't happen to you.

A friend's uncle was also doing much better - he died yesterday.
His brother died the week before.
A lady another friend works with - she is the 3rd from their company to die. She has an 11-year-old daughter and she was a single parent.

This disease is brutal.
I was in high care for 5 days. Between dr and nurses - apparently a miracle as most stay longer. By then, though getting extra oxygen through nose rather than breathing-for-me system, my oxygen levels generally remained above 92, but mostly stayed above 96.

So I got moved to a very spacial ward where the were very few patients. 4/or 5 vs 2 nurses and an assistant.
There was always someone present.
This was not ICU outside glass room.

From there I got taken back to general ward.

Tribs

We hear so much about it only being older people who are susceptible to serious illness, like over 60s. Can I ask how old your son is and is he generally a healthy lad?
My son is 25 (soon to be 26) and overweight. Apart from Aspergers - he has no medical issues. He is always healthy - hasn't had a bad cold in ages. Never really got sick at school either. But they had to save his lungs and stop that cytostorm. And putting him on a ventilator was the only way to do it.

Spizz

My son is 25 (soon to be 26) and overweight. Apart from Aspergers - he has no medical issues. He is always healthy - hasn't had a bad cold in ages. Never really got sick at school either. But they had to save his lungs and stop that cytostorm. And putting him on a ventilator was the only way to do it.

Lordy, just glad he's through it now. Thanks for the info. So many people are too comfortable thinking this is only affecting a certain group or type of person. The more people we can tell of incidents like this without saying 'a friend of a friend' but actually cite a real first hand account, the better to spread the message to get vaccinated.

Tribs

Lordy, just glad he's through it now. Thanks for the info. So many people are too comfortable thinking this is only affecting a certain group or type of person. The more people we can tell of incidents like this without saying 'a friend of a friend' but actually cite a real first hand account, the better to spread the message to get vaccinated.
I agree. People need to know that you really cannot predict how you will be affected.

biometrics

What I did was call my Clicks and ask if they had doses, and boosted there ASAP to join the queue. As long as they have supply, they will provide a jab. In and out maybe 45 minutes.
Any side effects after the 2nd jab?

Spizz

First one I assume?

Nope, that’s the second one. 8 weeks on the dot as per Scottish advice. They make the second appointment automatically to the day.

She says she’s feeling pretty nauseous and pretty flat and of course the sore arm thing. Her boyfriend is quite okay apart from the arm.

Another thing. She’s a student but works in a big fashion chain store part time. She was meant to work today but company policy has been to give people the day off after their jabs on case they feel like shit.

biometrics

Nope, that’s the second one. 8 weeks on the dot as per Scottish advice. They make the second appointment automatically to the day.

She says she’s feeling pretty nauseous and pretty flat and of course the sore arm thing. Her boyfriend is quite okay apart from the arm.

Another thing. She’s a student but works in a big fashion chain store part time. She was meant to work today but company policy has been to give people the day off after their jabs on case they feel like shit.
Oh right, she's not in SA, forgot.