LPW #10: Last Post Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodrayneZA

What are you thinking of getting?
I don't know, I"m not willing to part with a desktop PC even though I do need a laptop. Desktop gaming is better than gaming on a laptop. I'm going to get crucified for saying this - even better than consoles, i guess because I have spend more time on a PC than a console box and I still prefer using a keyboard / mouse for gaming, not gaming controllers.

My best bet to get similar or go for an hexacore AMD Ryzen desktop with a 24" screen, plus get an SSD and a NAS eventually for all my personal files (including new hard drives). Then I'll decide on a laptop later if I still need it.

BloodrayneZA

Thanks, Bloodrayne.

Zen 3 is on its way.

I would also like 16Gb of RAM when I eventually upgrade. I would probably replace the CPU, motherboard, and RAM and keep everything else.
Only Ryzen 5 and 9 processors. I don't see anything to do with Ryzen 3.

BloodrayneZA

I prefer working with full-size motherboards.
Keeping to this generation, I would probably get a Ryzen 3 3300X
yeah me too, I"m still getting used to this new keyboard - not making a big difference with the clacking sound, I was hoping it would be quieter but not so. I guess you can call me a loud typist. Lol.

I'm considering swapping out the B450 for a better board but I'm not too sure.

Nicholas

It still a lot of money for a graphics card. Mine was R700 ish off a forum friend at PCBG
True. I don't have family/relationship/car/accomodation payment commitments, so my luxury expenses, when I do allow myself to indulge in them, tend to be on my PC.

Nicholas

yeah me too, I"m still getting used to this new keyboard - not making a big difference with the clacking sound, I was hoping it would be quieter but not so. I guess you can call me a loud typist. Lol.

I'm considering swapping out the B450 for a better board but I'm not too sure.
B550 is pricey, isn't it? :confused:

Connecting those front panel pins is a headache for me.

BloodrayneZA

Connecting those front panel pins is a headache for me.
Not really, I do cleaning maintenance on my PC up to 3 times a year and I have to do those - it's never been an issue, I guess lucky because it's labelled on the board and also on the cables.

The lot that I quoted for the PC would cost me around R10 977,87 (510 GBP) and that excludes the SSD.

Nicholas

Not really, I do cleaning maintenance on my PC up to 3 times a year and I have to do those - it's never been an issue, I guess lucky because it's labelled on the board and also on the cables.

The lot that I quoted for the PC would cost me around R10 977,87 (510 GBP) and that excludes the SSD.
I usually open up my case and give the fans and hardware a blast with a blower to get rid of dust.
What makes working with those front panel connectors tricky for me is that I have clumsy fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.