Getting blue screens every few days, can anyone suggest a solution

Blantyre

It has been happening for about a month now. Every few days, I get a random bluescreen with a different service code error and the PC shuts down.

It seems to be linked to the WIFI card somehow as the WIFI sometimes does not connect or the card is not detectable. The issue sorts itself out once I reboot the PC and I can then use the WIFI again.

The following are screenshots of the last three crashes from Blue Screen Review. Two happened today within a short time.

I'd appreciate if you can suggest a solution.

So far, I tried a soft-reset, i.e deleting all apps but not files but that did not solve anything.

bluescreen-1-png.10109

Attachments

• Bluescreen 1.png
    Bluescreen 1.png
    69 KB · Views: 87
  • Bluescreen 2.png
    Bluescreen 2.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Bluescreen 3.png
    Bluescreen 3.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 7

Johnatan56

Those errors are anything from RAM to driver for the device that failed. I'd do a memcheck first tbh.
Start > Windows Memory Diagnostic and hit restart:
1610211088263.png
It's going to take a while, once rebooted should pop up, else check your system log for MemoryDiagnostic under System, under general tab should say if found errors or not.

biometrics

I assume it's that messed up laptop of yours? Remove the internal wifi card, it's causing it. Get a USB wifi to replace it.

Blantyre

I actually ordered one from Takelot and it should come sometime next week. I ordered it on New Years Day but they are taking a bit longer as it was with a few other items which they needed to order from the supplier.

I opened it on new years day and it was a bit of a mission because I used glue to hold the casing together and some of the screw terminals broke off whilst I opened it last time.

Can I rather just disable the WIFI card without opening it?

Blantyre

No, personal experience.

I got a USB WIFI receiver but had two crashes today within a short space of time. After that, I saw that whilst I was using the antenna to receive WIFI, I still did have the WIFI card turned on in the background. Is it likely that it was because of this or can anything be read from the screenshots suggesting other failures?

Dump 1.png

Attachments

• Dump 2.png
    Dump 2.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 4

Papa Smurf

Really cant say
There are so many paramaters
Either hardware failure
or drivers issue
who knows?

I create a System Restore point every single week just in case weird stuff like this ever happens to me, so far it hasnt.

A fresh Windowa install is going to cost nothing except time, personally thats where i would start and go from there.

But thats just my opinion, im a retired geek and i drink everyday

Blantyre

Only problem is, if it's a hardware issue he may not be able to complete a new install.

I may as well take my chances. This problem is too annoying now. If it dies, it confirms I should get a new one. Most of my work is online based so I may just have to save one or two things.

It survived a soft reset but that did not eliminate the problem.