Getting blue screens every few days, can anyone suggest a solution

Blantyre

How long have you had this machine for? When you say powerglue do you mean you used a glue gun and stick to bond it?

I have had it for just under three years. April will be three years.

No, I meant superglue but the Pattex brand which is more powerful. I could get the shell but it is probably not worth it considering the damage. I could get a second hand model of the same brand for around 3-4k and repairing it will be over 1k.

Y2K

I have had it for just under three years. April will be three years.

No, I meant superglue but the Pattex brand which is more powerful. I could get the shell but it is probably not worth it considering the damage. I could get a second hand model of the same brand for around 3-4k and repairing it will be over 1k.
Nah don't go with second hand tech that's an age already, worst case scenario would be to look at parts on Carbonite, I'm still rocking my i7 4790 with 16GB of Ram, it's getting a bit long in the tooth but considering I bought it in 2016 I had noone but myself to blame :ROFLMAO:

It's used as my daily, it also serves 20TB of media to the household and a couple of neighbours via Jellyfin.

My next build would most likely be an AMD build depending on cost as I'm not fussy about brand like I used to be, it's all about bang for buck nowadays.

Blantyre

It's used as my daily, it also serves 20TB of media to the household and a couple of neighbours via Jellyfin.

Are you in Thailand?

You seem to be against second hand PC's. I know a lot of guys have suggested I go for one. I'm only really need to use a PC for simple things like streaming, typing and downloading.

I have stopped gaming. It was wasting too much time.

Blantyre

Nah don't go with second hand tech that's an age already, worst case scenario would be to look at parts on Carbonite, I'm still rocking my i7 4790 with 16GB of Ram, it's getting a bit long in the tooth but considering I bought it in 2016 I had noone but myself to blam

Another thing is that the USB port and SD port stopped working as well. The one USB port stopped working when it was a few months old when I inserted a cheap USB cable into it which somehow destroyed the inside.

The SD port suddenly mysteriously stopped working.

I won't put it past this machine to go another year but I'd be surprised if it pulls off another two years.

Y2K

Are you in Thailand?

You seem to be against second hand PC's. I know a lot of guys have suggested I go for one. I'm only really need to use a PC for simple things like streaming, typing and downloading.

Haha no not at the moment, Thailand is like my second home, I've been there enough times to navigate my way around the country comfortably, people there know me, I plan on returning there in 2022/2023 on condition things turn out for the better. Hopefully I'll have my Bsc but my plan is to live that side permanently in the future. I don't see myself settling down in SA to be honest, I love this country but I can't watch it get destroyed by those too ignorant to see past the money.

Y2K

Are you in Thailand?

I'm not against them, I just thing it causes issues for people if they lack technical some of the technical skills required to make sure everything is 100%, hence why I suggested Carbonite.

Blantyre

The BSOD's have not happened since I disabled the internal WIFI settings via the settings but for some reason I jinxx it when I post positive updates and it resurfaces. I'll give it a couple more days.

Y2K

The BSOD's have not happened since I disabled the internal WIFI settings via the settings but for some reason I jinxx it when I post positive updates and it resurfaces. I'll give it a couple more days.
What error code does it give you?

Y2K

Run the command sfc /scannow in Command Prompt with (Admin) privileges. (right click admin)

Blantyre

Hmmm it's definitely not software related.

Probably wifi-card then.

Any idea what may have caused it to go haywire?

I also noticed that the wireless adapter I got goes off when I plug in my external hard drive. It's not a big thing but can get annoying as I have to reconnect.

However, the wifi adapter was R120 and one of the cheap ones so I assume that may be why?

Y2K

Probably wifi-card then.

I also noticed that the wireless adapter I got goes off when I plug in my external hard drive. It's not a big thing but can get annoying as I have to reconnect.

However, the wifi adapter was R120 and one of the cheap ones so I assume that may be why?
Not too sure but perhaps it's the amount of power being drawn, didn't you say one of the ports stopped working?

Blantyre

Not too sure but perhaps it's the amount of power being drawn, didn't you say one of the ports stopped working?

Lol, yeah, USB port on the right stopped working when it was a couple of months. I inserted a cheap USB cable (literally bought from a market in India) which finished the port and the SD port also mysteriously stopped working a few months ago.

The two ports on the left appear to work.

Y2K

Lol, yeah, USB port on the right stopped working when it was a couple of months. I inserted a cheap USB cable (literally bought from a market in India) which finished the port and the SD port also mysteriously stopped working a few months ago.

The two ports on the left appear to work.
I think the SD card and USB port would be run off a single board/cable.

Blantyre

D card and USB port would be run off a single board/cable.

I was using the SD port up to the middle months of last year so it lasted almost two years more than the USB port.

It may be something loose. The CD rom also stopped working for a while but I pulled it out, re-inserted it and it started working.

Blantyre

I think the SD card and USB port would be run off a single board/cable.
I just tried the HDMI port which works fine without the wifi adapter going off so it may be as its a cheap wifi adapter.

Y2K

I just tried the HDMI port which works fine without the wifi adapter going off so it may be as its a cheap wifi adapter.
Tough to say, you're adding more variables to a problem that you had prior to the HDMI.

biometrics

Probably wifi-card then.

Component failure. Had the same thing with a 3G card. Seemed fine and a BSOD every other day. Took it out and the laptop is fine. Still using that laptop, eight years old now.