Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

biometrics

Overstrand active cases (Kleinmond, Hermanus, Stanford and Gansbaai)

27 Nov 41
29 Nov 64
7 Dec 98
9 Dec 122
11 Dec 138
14 Dec 207
17 Dec 287
18 Dec 314
21 Dec 376
23 Dec 481
24 Dec 559
28 Dec 661
30 Dec 623
31 Dec 748
4 Jan 733
6 Jan 678
8 Jan 734
11 Jan 507
14 Jan 656
18 Jan 759
20 Jan 511
22 Jan 482
25 Jan 478
27 Jan 418

1611780376135.jpeg

Dave

Two medicines on the market that could help with Covid-19.

First is Aplidin.

Aplidin to the rescue? Possible new COVID treatment ‘reduces viral load by 99%’

Second is one we're more familiar with but has now been approved by the SA drug regulator.

Ivermectin and Covid-19: SA drug regulator allows controlled, compassionate access

No comments about the crap you posted in the thread?

Or an answer to why you lied and said I made certain claims in the conspiracy thread?

Only a fucking moron troll makes posts full of shit and then just moves on and ignores when he is shown to be wrong, are you a moron troll, soldierboy?

satanboy

I find it strange that all these other (use) medications work on this virus. Maybe I am just not educated enough on medications/health etc.

SoldierMan

No comments about the crap you posted in the thread?

Or an answer to why you lied and said I made certain claims in the conspiracy thread?

Only a fucking moron troll makes posts full of shit and then just moves on and ignores when he is shown to be wrong, are you a moron troll, soldierboy?

I don't have time for your obsessive rants about me.

It seems there were issues with that trial yes, but there are other studies and so doesn't take away from the effectiveness of HCQ.

Dave

I don't have time for your obsessive rants about me

nope, you just like to pretend you don’t lie or post crap, and then ignore it and move on to the next bit of BS you can find when people actually call you out on it, you’re just a dumb troll.

It seems there were issues with that trial yes,

“Issues”, you’re a total knob, you know that? It was completely discredited as BS by the entire epidemiology industry, written by two people who had zero experience or qualifications.

Just fuck off with all your shit, you moron trumpanzee.

Dave

If the snake oil is shown to work, why not.

usually it’s the snake oil salesmen that show how well the snake oil works, but if these placebos make you feel better until the vaccine eventually arrives it’s only your money being wasted.

Unless you do actually decide to start drinking bleach, I suppose...

biometrics

Or are smart enough not to fall for all the snake oil shit. Though I’m sure drinking bleach definitely works.
Once it's gone through a reputible, large enough multi-country double-blind placebo-controlled study, I'll consider using it. Therefore of all the new treatments being mentioned, that is accessible by me (i.e. readily available, oral, OTC, not IM or IV), I'll use Colchicine if I am Covid positive, rather than just lie in bed and hope for the best.

Dave

Once it's gone through a reputible, large enough multi-country double-blind placebo-controlled study, I'll consider using it. Therefore of all the new treatments being mentioned, that is accessible by me (i.e. readily available, oral, OTC, not IM or IV), I'll use Colchicine if I am Covid positive, rather than just lie in bed and hope for the best.

You’d be better off using the same medications you would get in hospital for respiratory problems, eg high dose steroids, bronchodilators etc.

Jings

usually it’s the snake oil salesmen that show how well the snake oil works, but if these placebos make you feel better until the vaccine eventually arrives it’s only your money being wasted.

Unless you do actually decide to start drinking bleach, I suppose...
If placebos make me better it's money well spent.

Bleach drinking is absurd. Not sure why you feel obliged to bring it up.

biometrics

You’d be better off using the same medications you would get in hospital for respiratory problems, eg high dose steroids, bronchodilators etc.
Can you get that for home use? By the time you have breathing difficulty surely you're better off in hospital?

Did you read the link I posted on the Colchicine study? It reduced the chance of ending up in hospital in the first place.

SoldierMan

nope, you just like to pretend you don’t lie or post crap, and then ignore it and move on to the next bit of BS you can find when people actually call you out on it, you’re just a dumb troll.

“Issues”, you’re a total knob, you know that? It was completely discredited as BS by the entire epidemiology industry, written by two people who had zero experience or qualifications.

Just fuck off with all your shit, you moron trumpanzee.

Look at you dishing out all this medical advice without hesitation with zero knowledge :ROFLMAO: but call others who have actually conducted a study as having zero experience. Should we call you Dr Dave from now on :ROFLMAO: Get the **** out of here.

Jings

You could look at it that way, true. Maybe source a couple of boxes of steroids and something like Albuterol to put away with those placebos and it would be money better spent.
Steroids are more expensive than OTC. Why get expensive meds when cheaper ones work?

emam

I'm waiting on an order of Ivermectin.

Will give feedback once I start it.
Tbh, I'm quite nervous to go on it, but, I guess, I've got nothing to lose.

Better tell the O to stock up on gout packs for when he gets gout, as it seems everyone is running out to buy it now because of covid....... I know he suffers terrible nausea and gets the runs on colchicine