Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

SoldierMan

It has been picked up. I linked the study.

But in their conclusion they say that it is a rare occurrence. If you are on a ventilator and most probably going to die from Covid do you take the drug or not, of course you take the drug.

Spizz

Government vs People....big difference.

I'm talking about a communist government specifically.

The TV series Chernobyl told me everything I need to know about communism and how it works. People shit scared to say what is actually happening and the people in charge bullying their way through life.

Jings

But in their conclusion they say that it is a rare occurrence. If you are on a ventilator and most probably going to die from Covid do you take the drug or not, of course you take the drug.
I try find a remedy before the possibility of landing up on a ventilator. But not hydrochloroquine. When I went through the worst flu of my life back in July and lost smell and taste it was medlemon and papaya leaf tea that got me through the worst, which lasted only two days. Only smell and taste took several weeks to return to normal.

satanboy

I'm talking about a communist government specifically.

The TV series Chernobyl told me everything I need to know about communism and how it works. People shit scared to say what is actually happening and the people in charge bullying their way through life.
I don't think Communists hold that exclusivity. :LOL:

SoldierMan

Available as an OTC medication.

So aren't you going to investigate colchicine now, I mean like you did so vociferously with HCQ?

Why Is Colchicine So Expensive Now?

The Slate piece also said that URL Pharma and the FDA defended the process by pointing out the safety concerns surrounding the use of unapproved colchicines (the article said “FDA officials have noted that colchicine had been associated with 117 non-overdose deaths, half of them involving an interaction between colchicine and the antibiotic clarithromycin”). Now, for the first time, the medication label for colchicine includes dosing and drug-interaction information. URL Pharma also contends that its research discovered that the drug was effective at much lower dosages than it was commonly prescribed at, another safety benefit from the approval process that also resulted in reduced side effects for patients.

If you want you can find fault with just about any drug.

Heck I'm going to get my hands on as much colchicine and HCQ as I can. And before someone says it, yes, and use within the prescribed recommended dose.

Jings

So aren't you going to investigate colchicine now, I mean like you did so vociferously with HCQ?

If you want you can find fault with just about any drug.

Heck I'm going to get my hands on as much colchicine and HCQ as I can. And before someone says it, yes, and use within the prescribed recommended dose.

I had already researched colchicine due to gout. There are gout packs that contain the drug. There are always packs in the house in case of gout attack.

If you feel the drugs are going to benefit you, why not. Probably easy enough to get a prescription for hydrochloroquine.

SoldierMan

I try find a remedy before the possibility of landing up on a ventilator. But not hydrochloroquine. When I went through the worst flu of my life back in July and lost smell and taste it was medlemon and papaya leaf tea that got me through the worst, which lasted only two days. Only smell and taste took several weeks to return to normal.

Yes. Boost your immune system, ginger, turmeric, Vitamin D, Vitamin C and lots of green leafy vegetables like baby spinach. No sugary foods or drinks, and rather vegetables than fruit. Obviously some fruit is good but you don't want too much sugar. Basically eat as healthy as you can. No takeaways, bacon, chocolate, biscuits, etc.

The only way you can fight Covid without medication IS your immune system and the only way to strengthen your immune system is by eating healthy. The old saying "you are what you eat" is very much true. It's why America spends the most on healthcare in the world but has the most unhealthy population. The Brits also eat unhealthy and is probably why they have so many Covid deaths.

It's amazing that even experts aren't talking about the immune system and boosting it as a way to fight Covid. It was either Sky News or CNN where they had a panel of "experts" on and when each one of them was asked what you can do to fight or prevent getting Covid, NONE of them talked about the immune system or eating healthy, they just went on about masks, etc. Some doctors only know what they have been taught and work within that small box.

biometrics

Expensive?

R29 at Dischem for a week.

1611738677857.png

Clinical cases description: Iatrogenic allogenosis patients infected with COVID19 under colchicine treatment
These patients were treated with an initial impregnation dose as is done in the management of an acute attack of gout: First day: 1mg every 8h. Second day: 1mg every 12h and from the third day on a maintenance dose of 0.5–1mg per day for 3–4 weeks until remission of symptoms.

The Canadian multi-country double blind placebo test of 4000+ people convinces me to stock up on this. Going to get 2 x 4 week supply. My housemate gets gout from time to time so she can use it anyway.

Last edited:

biometrics

Clicks prices:

Aspen Colchicine .5mg - 12 per pack R59.90

Colchinine Houde 1mg – 6 per pack R37.00

Aspen Colchicine 1mg – 6 per pack R37.90

SoldierMan

Clicks prices:

Aspen Colchicine .5mg - 12 per pack R59.90

Colchinine Houde 1mg – 6 per pack R37.00

Aspen Colchicine 1mg – 6 per pack R37.90

Sweet, going to stock up for me and my family.

Are those two different brands or what?

biometrics

Sweet, going to stock up for me and my family.

Are those two different brands or what?
Yes. I ordered the Cipla branded Colchicine Houde from Dischem, they are cheaper.

From the above dosage I quoted five boxes of 6 x 1mg should be more than enough per person.

Spizz

Yes. I ordered the Cipla branded Colchicine Houde from Dischem, they are cheaper.

From the above dosage I quoted five boxes of 6 x 1mg should be more than enough per person.

Are you planning to start taking this now or is it in case you test positive then you have a supply?

Jings

Are you planning to start taking this now or is it in case you test positive then you have a supply?

Is it safe to take as preventative treatment? Last I checked it can cause low blood platelet count and muscle damage with continued use. Not great either if you're prone to stomach ulcers.

biometrics

No, just in case I get it.

Fact is if you get it they tell you to stay home and hope for the best. Call them when you have difficulty breathing. That's not really a good option for me since I have three commodities. This appears from the multi-country double blind placebo test of 4000+ people to have significant effect. So I'll take this if I get covid. And in any case, housemate gets gout from time to to time so then we have stock anyway.

Spizz

No, just in case I get it.

Fact is if you get it they tell you to stay home and hope for the best. Call them when you have difficulty breathing. That's not really a good option for me since I have three commodities. This appears from the multi-country double blind placebo test of 4000+ people to have significant effect. So I'll take this if I get covid. And in any case, housemate gets gout from time to to time so then we have stock anyway.

Yeah, seems like a good approach. It might be good to have on hand just in case.

biometrics

Is it safe to take as preventative treatment? Last I checked it can cause low blood platelet count and muscle damage with continued use. Not great either if you're prone to stomach ulcers.
No you mustn't use it like that. Only if you have covid or gout.