Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

SoldierMan

I'm waiting on an order of Ivermectin.

Will give feedback once I start it.
Tbh, I'm quite nervous to go on it, but, I guess, I've got nothing to lose.

Better tell the O to stock up on gout packs for when he gets gout, as it seems everyone is running out to buy it now because of covid....... I know he suffers terrible nausea and gets the runs on colchicine

Where did you order from?

biometrics

Just great. Neighbours have covid. Apparently got symptoms a week ago and got a postive result yesterday. She's in bed, he's moving around. Chatted to me over the wall (me a good six meter away). He doesn't sound good. Late 60 and early 70. Daughter is looking after them and in isolation in the house, leaving food outside their door. He goes to the traffic department often and a serial shopper at the mall, so likely got it there. Claims to be very careful, yeah right: used to go to the mall everyday during the first lockdowns, saw him with the chin diaper in Checkers. He's ordered a blood oxygen meter, which is a good move.

satanboy

The news comes after the National Department of Health announced that the first 1 million doses are due to arrive in the country on 1 February.

Once the batches have arrived, the packages will undergo quarantine and quality assurance protocols for a period of between 10 to 14 days.

SoldierMan

Have you read this?

There is an update to that article, seems some are doubting it's effectiveness.

Editor's note, Jan. 27, 2021: Since this article was first published by The Canadian Press on Jan. 23, 2021, many experts in the international science community have reacted with disappointment and frustration to the study on the medication colchicine after reviewing the statistical data, saying it is 'not statistically significant.' The article appears in its original form below.

For the price and if you ain't doing well. it's better than nothing I guess.

Dave

Can you get that for home use? By the time you have breathing difficulty surely you're better off in hospital?

Did you read the link I posted on the Colchicine study? It reduced the chance of ending up in hospital in the first place.

Salbutamol used to be OTC in a pharmacy, but I am a bit out of date if it’s changed. Steroids like Prednisone or Prednisolone I’m not sure, you might need a friendly doctor to sort you a prescription.

SoldierMan

Fuck off, moron.

at least until you answer the questions posed to you about the diarrhoea you posted.

What a rude little boy you are :ROFLMAO: Is that how you speak to your boyfriend when he says he's not in the mood for sex, or when your mom says no she's not making supper.

Jings

Efficacy of the snake oils isn’t guaranteed or even accepted by the mainstream medics, steroids are known to work and are used for all sorts of breathing difficulties.
When it comes to your body, you have the ultimate say. If snake oil makes you feel better, then take it. If steroids are right for you, then take those.

Majority medics who prescribe medication have contracts with drug peddlers. Perhaps they don't always do what's right by patients as seen by the opioid epidemic in the US.