Can someone loop me in on what's been happening?

bigAl-sa

We are particularly violent towards flowers. We actually promote their murder - both by hand and the use of sharp metal instruments. Not only do we slaughter them - we then keep their corpses half-submerged in water. We keep them around and watch the life bleed out of them - watch them fade away. We sometimes even pull off their petals and dry them so that we can keep the memory of their murder in a bowl beside our bed, TV and bath. We are sentimental beings - and this slaughter of anything prettier than we are - is something we savour. We profit off it - financially and emotionally. The men who use these corpses to woo their partners and gain favours because of the cost involved.... Yes @Dave - we are definitely complex individuals.
Don't forget all the pleasure we get from the flower of Humulus lupulus 🍺

Tribs

Don't forget all the pleasure we get from the flower of Humulus lupulus 🍺
So true - a flower we boil for our own enjoyment - drinking of its lifeforce - using it to flavour our need for relaxation. We use it for pleasure and relaxation. It improves the taste and head on a beer.

Dave

We are particularly violent towards flowers. We actually promote their murder - both by hand and the use of sharp metal instruments. Not only do we slaughter them - we then keep their corpses half-submerged in water. We keep them around and watch the life bleed out of them - watch them fade away. We sometimes even pull off their petals and dry them so that we can keep the memory of their murder in a bowl beside our bed, TV and bath. We are sentimental beings - and this slaughter of anything prettier than we are - is something we savour. We profit off it - financially and emotionally. The men who use these corpses to woo their partners and gain favours because of the cost involved.... Yes @Dave - we are definitely complex individuals.

You should be more aware of your brutality, why isn't there a PETF?

Tribs

You should be more aware of your brutality, why isn't there a PETF?
It is pointless denying our base natures. Admirable that you wish to be better than the herd - but we are all murderers. Even those that cut their lawns are destroying fresh young blades of grass. Using horrific blads to slice them up. Salad and veggie eaters are also on the list of serial murderers who consume their victims. And then the meat eaters cannot be ignored either. Spilling blood for their enjoyment and feeding their hunger. And then we have the bug killers. That spray poisonous substances onto the helpless critters - depriving them of mobility and life. This is indeed a planet of murderers - of the worst kind. Only a few are bothered by the magnitude of this addiction.

Dave

It is pointless denying our base natures. Admirable that you wish to be better than the herd - but we are all murderers. Even those that cut their lawns are destroying fresh young blades of grass. Using horrific blads to slice them up. Salad and veggie eaters are also on the list of serial murderers who consume their victims. And then the meat eaters cannot be ignored either. Spilling blood for their enjoyment and feeding their hunger. And then we have the bug killers. That spray poisonous substances onto the helpless critters - depriving them of mobility and life. This is indeed a planet of murderers - of the worst kind. Only a few are bothered by the magnitude of this addiction.

You forgot about the poisoning or decapitating of rodents...

Tribs

You forgot about the poisoning or decapitating of rodents...
I was easing people into the horror of the beings that they are. Did not want to go for the jugular straight away. You are hearless !

Dave

That's ok. I have two that I intend to keep far away from you. :D

A couple of months ago I had between six and eight (trying to steal from the bird feeders), it's amazing what four packs of the the new generation rodent killer pellets can do in a week...

Would you like some?

Tribs

A couple of months ago I had between six and eight (trying to steal from the bird feeders), it's amazing what four packs of the the new generation rodent killer pellets can do in a week...

Would you like some?
Pellets or dead rodents ? Neither thanks. We have our own way of dealing with pests here. The fluffy cats. Yes it is cruel - but it is also nature at its best.

Dave

Pellets or dead rodents ? Neither thanks. We have our own way of dealing with pests here. The fluffy cats. Yes it is cruel - but it is also nature at its best.

I don't think the post office would be all that pleased if I tried to post some dead rodents to you.

I was thinking of sending a pack of tasty snacks for your rodents.

bigAl-sa

I have rodent people coming to get the nuisances out of the ceilings in my house in the very near future. Plus rat-proofing and new insulation material.

Do you want them Tribs?

Textile Guy

I have rodent people coming to get the nuisances out of the ceilings in my house in the very near future. Plus rat-proofing and new insulation material.

Do you want them Tribs?

What would she do with rodent people?