Apple Watch & Fitness+

Spizz

My 4 is still working perfectly so I’m struggling to justify buying a 6 now, even battery is as good as when new. Maybe a 7 later this year.

I wouldn’t buy the SE because it doesn’t have the full medical benefits (no ECG, iirc). Does the SE do the auto fall detection?

Yep, it does pretty much everything except the always on face and the odd medical thing like ECG. I use my watch primarily for the notification and exercise functions so I'm not too fussed about those things.

BloodrayneZA

I can't wait to take my watch off at night. I'd imagine it's the same feeling of freedom a woman has when dispensing of her bra at bedtime.
I know how you feel - not the bra thing, I used to wear watches and couldn't wait to get the bloody thing off in the evenings.

Dave

Yep, it does pretty much everything except the always on face and the odd medical thing like ECG. I use my watch primarily for the notification and exercise functions so I'm not too fussed about those things.

Did you miss the strap question? Are you still using the awful silicon strap?

Spizz

Spent hours on it yesterday and didn't get work done I wanted to, so got really annoyed with it. Thought it best to wait for my ticket to be resolved. Dude at the store can't help, says his technically inclined colleague is off with covid. He logged a ticket and now I wait. Called the call centre and they say they can see there is a ticket already, need to wait.

FFS. The guy on the Vodacom store at the mall do you mean? Older guy who sits at the back wall? He sorted me out and was pretty clued up.

Dave

I got the Nike version specifically for the strap with the holes in it.

Do yourself a favour and buy a Sport Loop strap, even a decent quality China knockoff.

I've got 2 or 3 genuine ones, and about 5 China brands, they are 100 times more comfortable.

Currently wearing an Apple original Indigo.

A9A35647-FE5E-4E9F-97E1-59610FAAB11F.jpeg

Spizz

Do yourself a favour and buy a Sport Loop strap, even a decent quality China knockoff.

I've got 2 or 3 genuine ones, and about 5 China brands, they are 100 times more comfortable.

Currently wearing an Apple original Indigo.

View attachment 10174

Yeah, it's been on the radar. I'll look into it.

Spizz

Even better is that they are machine washable, I just stick one in a sock and throw it in the washing machine. My Indigo must be over a year old now.

Do they just fasten with velcro?