Apple Watch & Fitness+

Spizz

Can't get the esim to activate again. Enough shit for one day. Will try again tomorrow.

If you’re waiting for the sms from Vodacom to say it’s activated, it doesn’t often come bit activated anyway.

BloodrayneZA

How expensive are Apple watches? Been thinking about getting one - my brother has one and says it works great but the battery life is not great.

I want to start walking more as I’ve picked up too much weight in the past 9 months of lockdown plus walking will force me to drink more water instead of slurping sugar laden tea all day. Lol.

Johnatan56

How expensive are Apple watches? Been thinking about getting one - my brother has one and says it works great but the battery life is not great.

I want to start walking more as I’ve picked up too much weight in the past 9 months of lockdown plus walking will force me to drink more water instead of slurping sugar laden tea all day. Lol.
Expensive, you should be looking at the SE probably, 270 pounds about.
There are a lot cheaper options to track steps, etc. depends on what exactly you want.

Dave

Expensive, you should be looking at the SE probably, 270 pounds about.
There are a lot cheaper options to track steps, etc. depends on what exactly you want.

I wouldn't buy an SE now, it's false economy for an outdated design.

There'll likely be a 5G version sometime this year, or just buy the 12 Mini.

Ignore me, just realised you're referring to the Watch SE, rather than the old iPhone SE, other posts made it confusing.

Reactions: Y2K

BloodrayneZA

Should come in at ~60% of your current phone contract price if you got it on release.
Just looked at contract upgrade options and my dad will say no as the accounts under his name and he’s paying for it at the moment. So I guess I’ll have to make do with my iPhone for now and til I get a job that can afford some luxuries, I’ll have to put that on hold for now

biometrics

@Spizz

My eSim is working in that I can make and receive calls but the mobile data isn't active. How did you do it?

In the iPhone 7 Watch app under Mobile Data/Data Plan it says Vodacom and “waiting”. It never activates. On my watch under Settings/Mobile Data it says Plan=No Sim and Status=No Connection.

I haven’t received an SMS. I did get a QR code per email when I signup up for the contract. I’ve scanned it with the camera app and it says there is no useful data. I’ve tried using a QR code app and there is data but it doesn’t know what to do with it.

Spizz

@Spizz

My eSim is working in that I can make and receive calls but the mobile data isn't active. How did you do it?

In the iPhone 7 Watch app under Mobile Data/Data Plan it says Vodacom and “waiting”. It never activates. On my watch under Settings/Mobile Data it says Plan=No Sim and Status=No Connection.

I haven’t received an SMS. I did get a QR code per email when I signup up for the contract. I’ve scanned it with the camera app and it says there is no useful data. I’ve tried using a QR code app and there is data but it doesn’t know what to do with it.

It sounds like the eSim is not active and the calls are being made through the wifi. My last watch was wifi only and it works a treat within bluetooth distance so it's probably doing that. Best way to check is to switch off your phone and see if it still makes a call.

Otherwise, I set up my eSim through the mobile data setting on the phone. Pressing mobile data took me to a Vadacom page when I selected my number and okayed the T&Cs. Then it said it can take up to 24 hours. So if you press on the "Vodacom waiting" or even the "info" logo there in the shot above, does it take you through to the Vodacom eSim webpage?

Edit: I never used the QR code at all. It was all done through the phone

biometrics

It sounds like the eSim is not active and the calls are being made through the wifi. My last watch was wifi only and it works a treat within bluetooth distance so it's probably doing that. Best way to check is to switch off your phone and see if it still makes a call.

Otherwise, I set up my eSim through the mobile data setting on the phone. Pressing mobile data took me to a Vadacom page when I selected my number and okayed the T&Cs. Then it said it can take up to 24 hours. So if you press on the "Vodacom waiting" or even the "info" logo there in the shot above, does it take you through to the Vodacom eSim webpage?

Edit: I never used the QR code at all. It was all done through the phone
You're right, put the phone in airplane mode and couldn't make or receive a call on the watch.

The guy at the store is really a dumb cunt, he just says it's active on their system and there is nothing he can do. What a useless POS.

I did the activation as you described. Logged into their website and did the activation. After a while it said it was done. Not fucking working.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this...

Think I'll reset and start AGAIN!

• Haha

Dave

You're right, put the phone in airplane mode and couldn't make or receive a call on the watch.

The guy at the store is really a dumb cunt, he just says it's active on their system and there is nothing he can do. What a useless POS.

I did the activation as you described. Logged into their website and did the activation. After a while it said it was done. Not fucking working.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this...

Think I'll reset and start AGAIN!

Bio, have you read the Apple page for activating yet?

biometrics

So far each time it offered to setup the phone via my iPad. I'm not going to do that this time. It's a cellular iPad, perhaps it's getting settings from it it shouldn't.

biometrics

After resetting and activating the phone, once at the home screen I get a notification that a message failed to send to 447786205094.

Is it trying to send something to Vodafone?

Dave

After resetting and activating the phone, once at the home screen I get a notification that a message failed to send to 447786205094.

Is it trying to send something to Vodafone?

Apparently trying to set up iMessage and defaults to Vodafone UK, according to this thread:

and this one

biometrics

@biometrics

Have you actually managed to install the Watch app on your iPad?
You misunderstand. When I reset the iPhone it offers to set it up by using data from my iPad. You hold it close and it pops up a message about setting up and copies wifi etc settings over to the iPhone.

biometrics

Apparently trying to set up iMessage and defaults to Vodafone UK, according to this thread:

and this one

So how do I fix that? Is this a phone bought in the UK?

biometrics

Reset both. Go to Watch app to pair. Once done go to mobile data and it already says Vodacom, waiting under Data Plan.

So over this crap. Fuck you Apple!

• Haha