Apple Watch & Fitness+

biometrics

Thats the aluminium version, my new one is the Stainless version. Currys claim old price as £749, so about R15k as a rough estimate. Looks like a clearance sale.

View attachment 10187

Looks like £749 was really the old retail price, still that price in other retailers.
Oh I see. Is the stainless steel better?

Watch 5 stainless steel not in stock here.

Watch 6 is R17k, not a fuck am I paying that. I'm quite happy with lesser spec or slightly older models for much cheaper. It was quite funny watching the Watch 3 launch and how this is the best and greatest thing ever etc. Same thing with each launch. You can't tell me that it was great then and not great anymore. ;)

1610531269149.png

Dave

Oh I see. Is the stainless steel better?

Yes, I haven’t had a SS model before (they are normally double + the price of aluminium) but it’s supposed to be much harder wearing and uses 100% sapphire glass for the face, harder and more scratch/crack resistant than normal glass.

Now let’s talk about durability. The aluminum casing variety of the Apple Watch 6 is softer and prone to scratches and chipping. If you bump the watch against a hard surface like a wall, chances are that it will register some damage. The display coating on the Apple Watch 6 aluminum is Ion-X strengthened glass, which is also softer than the sapphire crystal, used on the stainless steel version.
If you go for the Apple Watch 6 stainless steel, you’ll get a much harder casing material and display. Sapphire crystal is one of the hardest opaque materials in the world. It has been used in high-end conventional watches for decades and can only be scratched by a diamond or an object with similar hardness.

Considering the aluminium is currently more expensive than the price I paid it really is a no-brainer.

biometrics

Yes, I haven’t had a SS model before (they are normally double + the price of aluminium) but it’s supposed to be much harder wearing and uses 100% sapphire glass for the face, harder and more scratch/crack resistant than normal glass.

Considering the aluminium is currently more expensive than the price I paid it really is a no-brainer.
Not here obviously, though I got cellular for the same price as gps. I'll make do with my cases, got four of them and they were cheap. I'll likely register damage on a stainless steel model as well.

Dave

Not here obviously, though I got cellular for the same price as gps. I'll make do with my cases, got four of them and they were cheap. I'll likely register damage on a stainless steel model as well.

I’ve just noticed a very thin (I think) crack running across the top edge of my S4, I have no clue when I could have banged the watch, but I must have.

There goes the resale value :(.

biometrics

I’ve just noticed a very thin (I think) crack running across the top edge of my S4, I have no clue when I could have banged the watch, but I must have.

There goes the resale value :(.
*cough*
1610552503155.png

Dave

:( :( :( :( :cry::cry::cry::cry:

looks bad when the light just catches it wrong.

4448D0A1-F2FD-42CC-BD52-FFED11828378.jpeg

But completely invisible in normal light or with backlight on.
1213A4FD-0345-418E-B2FC-1E0A29361570.jpeg

Maybe it was the Spaghetti Monster’s hidden message to buy the new one.

biometrics

Guy from Vodacom called finally. Says lady from the shop had pre set me up for a Samsung watch which is why I was emailed a qr code. He's switched it to Apple Watch and things seem to start happening now...

Spizz

Guy from Vodacom called finally. Says lady from the shop had pre set me up for a Samsung watch which is why I was emailed a qr code. He's switched it to Apple Watch and things seem to start happening now...

I asked the guy who was attending to me if I get a QR code and he said no, but it was sent to my email automatically anyway.

biometrics

I asked the guy who was attending to me if I get a QR code and he said no, but it was sent to my email automatically anyway.
In your phone watch app under mobile data do you have two entries? My first one is active with my main number and the second says waiting. Still can't make or receive calls on the watch, I assume the second one needs to complete?

Spizz

Click on mobile data and it shows this.

2872785692f2f55c3b9afa2524c0ad4a.jpg

Spizz

Show me a screenshot of what you have just now. My memory is shocking, it might jog it a bit.