Apple Watch & Fitness+

biometrics

So all the time when the cellular icon is white, it’s connected to either the phone or the home WiFi.
Yes. Problem is when connected to my home wifi you can't make or receive calls on the watch.

Spizz

Yes. Problem is when connected to my home wifi you can't make or receive calls on the watch.

That’s not happening with me. My watch is connected to WiFi at home all the time, and every time my phone rings my watch rings and I’ve even answered the watch once or twice when the phone is on my desk or whatever.

biometrics

That’s not happening with me. My watch is connected to WiFi at home all the time, and every time my phone rings my watch rings and I’ve even answered the watch once or twice when the phone is on my desk or whatever.
But is the cellular button white or green? Switch off your phone. With home wifi connected can you make a call?

Maybe it's a watch 3 issue.

Dave

I'll be schooling the Vodacom tech when he calls Monday.

It's an Apple bug imo. If your watch is connected to wifi (your home network) then cellular doesn't activate. Want to test it out?

No, that’s doubtful, I’ve activated a watch data plan (what apple call it) while still connected to my wifi. I suspect it’s the funny way that Vodacom activate, the proper way doesn’t require any talking to the network.

biometrics

Definitely not right, it should work on WiFi.
I see the watch reconnected to my home wifi without me doing it. Oh well, don't really need to use the watch standalone calling functions at home and the phone will pick it up and relay anyway.

biometrics

To summarise:

With my phone unavailable and my watch connected to my home wifi network I could not make or receive calls. Going to Settings/Wifi and Forgetting my home wifi network it started to work.

Spizz

Okay. Switched off the phone. Not airplane mode, physically switched it off.

Watch was connected to my home WiFi. Cellular icon on my internet icon on my watch stayed white.

Made a call to my son and it worked fine. He answered, asked me wtf do you want I’m playing online with my friends. I apologised and ended the call.

So yeah. Phone off, WiFi on, icon stays white and call is made.

Phone off, WiFi off, icon turns green and call is made.

biometrics

Okay. Switched off the phone. Not airplane mode, physically switched it off.

Watch was connected to my home WiFi. Cellular icon on my internet icon on my watch stayed white.

Made a call to my son and it worked fine. He answered, asked me wtf do you want I’m playing online with my friends. I apologised and ended the call.

So yeah. Phone off, WiFi on, icon stays white and call is made.

Phone off, WiFi off, icon turns green and call is made.
Maybe a Watch 3 issue or maybe a temporary issue for me, will test again. Anyway, it's fucking working after wasting like 20 hours on this over a week.

biometrics

Guess I thought this is whiter than it is. I want a white sports loop. The sports loop is more comfortable but I want white or whiter than this anyway, it's closer to grey than white.

1610978648742.png

Spizz

Like above. Silver and came with a white band. I like my Apple gear in white. My Z3 was my first white gadget after always getting everything in black.

Ah okay. My watch is black although my iPhone 12 mini is red, as was my 11.