Your TakeAlot, Loot, Raru, Wootware, etc Buys, prices and reviews

satanboy

Woolworths Dash
  • I am unable to use this app on my Samsung Note8 (it keeps asking me for my address)
  • When we use the SO's app, the delivery guys go to the wrong complex EVERY time
Useless

biometrics

I've been discovering Takealot loopholes. If you have something you want to return past the allowed return date, just return it as broken. They don't check and will refund you (refunding is an option when returning failed gear).

Spizz

I've been discovering Takealot loopholes. If you have something you want to return past the allowed return date, just return it as broken. They don't check and will refund you (refunding is an option when returning failed gear).

Hah, I did it last week after the 7 day window had passed and got the notification of refund today. Mind you, it was a gas hob that was genuinely broken and we happened to have had it for more than a week before we got the guy to fit it.

biometrics

Hah, I did it last week after the 7 day window had passed and got the notification of refund today. Mind you, it was a gas hob that was genuinely broken and we happened to have had it for more than a week before we got the guy to fit it.
I bought a blower/mulcher early this year and never used as each time I just got a garden service. I just opened the box and retaped it and returned it as broken. Yes I feel a little bit bad. Someone will get a great unboxed deal...

satanboy

Woolworths Dash
  • I am unable to use this app on my Samsung Note8 (it keeps asking me for my address)
  • When we use the SO's app, the delivery guys go to the wrong complex EVERY time
Useless
and once again they prove how useless they are.

The SO sent an order before 9am this morning for 10am delivery. The shopping person is still busy at 12h45 (and responded to her that the racks are empty due to holiday shoppers.
Doh you stupid motherfuckers...if you started the shopping when we sent it in, you wouldn't have this issue.

Twats!

Johnatan56

Anyone looking for a pump espresso machine? Got it a few years ago from Takealot and only used it a few times. Will let it go for R2,500 onco (with personal warranty).

View attachment 30973

Going to be mean and advise no one to buy it off you since those are prone to breaking pretty quick and doesn't do that great coffee, there are better options, though R2.5k is cheap enough that you could probably use it for a year before throw-away.

biometrics

Going to be mean and advise no one to buy it off you since those are prone to breaking pretty quick and doesn't do that great coffee, there are better options, though R2.5k is cheap enough that you could probably use it for a year before throw-away.
I got that model as it was recommended by my business partner, a coffee fan. He uses it a ton for many years and it has never failed. It creates great crema.

In any case, I need to move it down from upstairs to the office to make space for the airfryer, so will be a nice addition to my pod espresso machine. So don't really care.

Johnatan56

I got that model as it was recommended by my business partner, a coffee fan. He uses it a ton for many years and it has never failed. It creates great crema.
Amazon reviews are basically a wash of it's broken and most state minimal crema, and that it can't actually get hot enough for a good coffee, of the couple of reviews I've just paged through, norm is 62-65C, so not hot enough.

It's normal though, this is a cheap espresso machine, at this price range, rather stick with a mokka pot and a separate frother.

This is a German review, put it through google translate: https://www-coffeeness-de.translate...r-test/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ro
Shortest one that properly covered most of it.

Basically, price range, sure, good, but that's because at that price range it's near impossible to actually have a good espresso machine.

biometrics

Amazon reviews are basically a wash of it's broken and most state minimal crema, and that it can't actually get hot enough for a good coffee, of the couple of reviews I've just paged through, norm is 62-65C, so not hot enough.

It's normal though, this is a cheap espresso machine, at this price range, rather stick with a mokka pot and a separate frother.

This is a German review, put it through google translate: https://www-coffeeness-de.translate...r-test/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ro
Shortest one that properly covered most of it.
As someone that actually used it I can assure you that it produces plenty of crema. But yeah, nobody wants to buy an old coffee machine even though it was hardly used. Will move it downstairs. Gives me more stuff to do when I need a break. The pod machine is very wasteful in plastic. I don't bother with the Delonghi as it's upstairs.

Anyway, just looking around wondering what I can sell to offset the games PC upgrade. You need a 1050 perhaps? :p

Johnatan56

As someone that actually used it I can assure you that it produces plenty of crema. But yeah, nobody wants to buy an old coffee machine even though it was hardly used. Will move it downstairs. Gives me more stuff to do when I need a break. The pod machine is very wasteful in plastic. I don't bother with the Delonghi as it's upstairs.

Anyway, just looking around wondering what I can sell to offset the games PC upgrade. You need a 1050 perhaps? :p
Pod machines are just pretty expensive, Deluxe can deliver to you, just get an electric Moka pot, though South Africa it's import and expensive.

And no, I'm in Austria, plus no PC, only laptops, where do I plug the 1050 in? :p