Your TakeAlot, Loot, Raru, Wootware, etc Buys, prices and reviews

satanboy

Great little fan. It easily lasts a double loadshedding session (4h30min) and is very quiet. It can also run while charging. Works off power brick too.
And it stopped working (not charging nor will it work from a power brick). 0/5

Edit:
Received a full refund from Takeaot.

Last edited:

satanboy

1674746201852.png
I purchased this rechargeable fan. It is about 1/4 the size of the previous fan (the blades). Very effective. Lets see if this one lasts longer.

Last edited:

satanboy

Great shopper app. Join and get R100 off your first order (+R35 for delivery).
Once you've ordered you receive another R75 voucher for your next order

2 orders placed
Paint: Delivered on time
Alcohol: Delivered on time

Last edited:

SauRoN

I lost my shit with a weed eater that doesn’t feed last weekend and ended its life prematurely with one final bump.

Discovered these guys who not only had the best pricing I could find by a very long shot but were very helpful in answering some questions, shipped instantly and even did the little Yuppiechef style message in the box.

Bought this and it’s been life changing being cordless but also just having a thing that actually works as claimed.

And sure I could have spent half on another Makita that’s also cordless but this was one if those buying this thing for the last time situations and not taking any chances.

It’s been an almost religious experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SauRoN

Also bought this in the Marseille blue 2.4L/20cm as a more every day pot to go alongside my massive stainless steel pasta pot.

When it first arrived I was concerned it’s too small but it’s actually the perfect size for an every day pot and is perfect for cooking rice or lower quantities of non-spaghetti style pasta.

I have to also just state that as much as I love Le Creuset and do believe their products are worth it I never ever pay those full prices.

I wait for the 40% or more off discounts on Tuesdays or other promotions and then almost always pay in eBucks.

Over Black Friday I got pretty much 80% off a huge amount of Le Creuset stuff having bought eBucks vouchers at 40% off and then buying stuff on their own specials at 40-60% off with those.

SauRoN

Thanks Yuppiechef.

a98334d49b972776f819da3b4933b1e9.jpg

Been holding out for a special for ages but had some vouchers and just decided it’s now or never.

Will figure out if it was worth it on Sunday.

satanboy

Nice one Takealot. Almost every single item I purchased from them in the past 2 months has increased in price (just in time for the sale).

LD50

Low price, let me know if it is any good. (you can return it to Takealot for free if it's kak)

Is this for your man cave? Got a white wall?
I linked the Takealot add for the picture and specs, since the OnedayOnly one has expired . Actually got it for R3200

So I have done some investigation and it turns out buying a projector screen is a far better option for picture quality than a wall display.
I'm looking at getting a tripod screen. Main use would be for watching sport in the braai room. Can hook up surround sound speakers.

/edit
Clear quality is confirmed at 6m wide and 3m high - not that I need this, nor will I get a screen that size LOL

biometrics

I linked the Takealot add for the picture and specs, since the OnedayOnly one has expired . Actually got it for R3200

So I have done some investigation and it turns out buying a projector screen is a far better option for picture quality than a wall display.
I'm looking at getting a tripod screen. Main use would be for watching sport in the braai room. Can hook up surround sound speakers.

/edit
Clear quality is confirmed at 6m wide and 3m high - not that I need this, nor will I get a screen that size LOL
I had similar gear some time ago. Those projectors work fine in the dark (less so with light) and a screen will make it better but not required considering you are doing 720p.

LD50

I had similar gear some time ago. Those projectors work fine in the dark (less so with light) and a screen will make it better but not required considering you are doing 720p.
and that is what I also found out, Some can handle a dim light quite well. But I think I'll be ok.

satanboy

My SO ordered me an item from TakeAlot. The day it was to be delivered (5 days after the order), she signed into Takealot to see what was going on as she hadn't received a delivery SMS. The order was cancelled by them with no email, SMS, WhatsApp or telephone call. So she contacted them and the response from them made no sense "You can only purchase from seller".

So I contacted Takealot and asked if the item is available, as it still appears on their website (as available). It takes them 2 days to come back to me and say that the item is no longer available. YET IT IS STILL ON THEIR WEBSITE ON SPECIAL.

Fucking cunts.

satanboy

1700661321148.png
1700661339826.png
1700661368718.png
1700661391389.png

This doesn't make sense. So if I want to buy Gaming products, a Garmin watch and a Samsung TV I have to make 3 separate purchases (3x delivery fee) because the specials are all at different times.