What's the story behind your username and avatar?

Tribs

Way back when I believe I was still in primary school and was introduced to LOTR by a family member and so took the name as my gamer tag reference and general online identity.

Of course then the movies happened and suddenly everyone thinks you are an overnight fanboy, but for the lack of coming up with anything better or not just another Tolkien reference I just stuck to it.

Whenever I need a name for a server or SSID or whatever random name is required somewhere I take one from Tolkien.

Sent from my iPhone
I do the same with Star Trek. All the PCs are named after ships. But eventually we ran out of good names - so moved onto other SciFi games/shows/movies

Moosedrool

Username: Made it up for eve online. Still don't know why or how.

Avatar: Ed appreciation since Disney thought he's a worthless hyena who didn't add value to the trio. And because the "progressives" said his name isn't African. Now in a hazmat suit battling covid-19.

spiderz

Username: Made it up for eve online. Still don't know why or how.

Avatar: Ed appreciation since Disney thought he's a worthless hyena who didn't add value to the trio. And because the "progressives" said his name isn't African. Now in a hazmat suit battling covid-19.
You still play Eve Online?

R

[)roi(]

Inspiration for name
Merger between a favourite 80s music logo and an isometric 80s game.
  • Dolby Digital logo
  • 220px-Dolby-Digital.svg.png
  • Alien 8 game - one of my favourite games from the 80s
  • alien-8-de45e7a6-656e-4eaf-b455-3b5f60c8fac-resize-750.jpg

Inspiration for logo
Programming and mathematics related

Seldom Bucket

From my original user name, too my signatures, it is all Terry Pratchett related.
I had a very difficult time during highs cool and got introduced to STP by an English teacher whom was a fan of his work.
In some way his work got me through hard times kept me sane and think of life differently, this got me connected to weird and different people, just like me.

I will always go back to the "teachings" of Sir Terry Pratchett

Cray

Nickname, no clue really, cross crazy and "The Krays" but that is probably retroactive on my part.

Avatar is Raziel from the Legacy of Kain, Soul Reaver series.

Last edited:

PhireSide

The initials of my name and surname are hidden in my username, it's also a pretty smooth song by The Arctic Monkeys:

My avatar was a little flame, if some of you can remember, but recently wanted a change of scenery so I chose the Hyundai "N" logo. I drive an i30 so I thought why not:)

I'll probably revert my avatar again soon though.

SauRoN

Nickname, no clue really, cross crazy and "The Krays" but that is probably retroactive on my part.

Avatar is Raziel from the Legacy of Kain, Soul Reaver series.

Now there is a game series worthy of remastering.

Even the original Legacy of Kain top down view would be pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone

satanboy

There was a fun alien game I used to play and one of the other players designed this avatar for me. I can't remember the name of the game.

TabacNW

So... Tabac - Aftershave i use when i do shave (Which ain't happening anytime soon) NW is obvious, North West.
The Avatar .... I smoke a pipe on occasion.

And fyi - I'm HunterNW on MyBB.