What's For Dinner Tonight?

R

[)roi(]

Eisbein with creamy mash, slathered in gravy and a sauerkraut and Kolsch on the side.
Slow cooked for 4.5 hours.
Eisbein.jpg

Mmmhh comfort food; with lots of delicious crackling goodness with a buttery creamy mash slathered in a gravy made from the reduction of beer, pork drippings, infused with a homebrew kolsch, mirepoix (onions, carrots, celery), thyme, salt, pepper and a dark browned roux (butter and flour), and a side of home made sauerkraut.

Papa Smurf

I don't get it
Rather just toss salad onto a bun and eat it
Why turn veggies into something that looks like a meat product?

You dont see us mincing meat away and making something looking like a carrot just so that we can have a carrot on our plate for dinner.

Vegans/Vegetarians/Lacto Vegetarian/Ovo Vegeterian/Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian/Pescatarian/Pollotarian/Flexitarian/Herbivore people are all weird.

Tribs

I don't get it

You dont see us mincing meat away and making something looking like a carrot just so that we can have a carrot on our plate for dinner.

Vegans/Vegetarians/Lacto Vegetarian/Ovo Vegeterian/Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian/Pescatarian/Pollotarian/Flexitarian/Herbivore people are all weird.
I am not weird

Bryn

Aged rump steak happening later. Wanted to do my favourite oxtail stew, but the steak was substantially cheaper. :unsure:

Seldom Bucket

I don't get it

Not doing this by choice but medical reasons

Tribs

I don't get it

Tonight is pesto pasta with veggies and toasted braai broodjies

greg0205

Aged rump steak happening later. Wanted to do my favourite oxtail stew, but the steak was substantially cheaper. :unsure:
Aaand just like that I've decided to make my slow cooker oxtail on Sunday.

Thanks Bryn.

greg0205

No, its the brand. they all have holes down the middle. Great for slurping with lots of sauce.

View attachment 25752
Was just scrolling down to say, 'well actually, not spaghetti, bucatini', but you already have that covered in the pic.

Also

23695e7946ea1205fadd0530ee992b93356a54b9.gif