What's For Dinner Tonight?

R

[)roi(]

Aged rump steak happening later. Wanted to do my favourite oxtail stew, but the steak was substantially cheaper. :unsure:
Also did an oxtail stew day before yesterday... always delicious.

As for a delicious and inexpensive alternative; you should try pork shanks (eisbein). If you have an econofoods near you, then they currently are selling pork shanks for R34.99 per kg; a bargain compared to:
  • Checkers @ R65.99 per kg
  • Woolworths @ R119.99 per kg (pre cooked)

Bryn

Also did an oxtail stew day before yesterday... always delicious.

As for a delicious and inexpensive alternative; you should try pork shanks (eisbein). If you have an econofoods near you, then they currently are selling pork shanks for R34.99 per kg; a bargain compared to:
  • Checkers @ R65.99 per kg
  • Woolworths @ R119.99 per kg (pre cooked)
There is an Econofoods not too far away! Been really enjoying buying from them. I'll check out the pork shanks, thanks!

R

[)roi(]

Yup. Prefer it to plain beef mince for a pasta sauce. Spicier.

Beef goes through the mincer for burgers.
Agreed, it's delicious... it's just quite unusual to see it minced in a pasta; more typical sliced or diced.

greg0205

Agreed, it's delicious... it's just quite unusual to see it minced in a pasta; more typical sliced or diced.
Absolutely. Slicing is easier too... but... it just doesn't bring out the flavour quite the same way.

Tribs

This has always puzzled me
So don't vegetarians give blowjobs then? I mean that's sucking on some meat :unsure:
Vegetarians don't eat dead meat or anything that kills the animal. So as long as there is life - I am sure you can get a vegetarian to nibble on it

R

[)roi(]

Vegetarians don't eat dead meat or anything that kills the animal. So as long as there is life - I am sure you can get a vegetarian to nibble on it
That's what I find so weird about vegetarians... the need to be part of a group identity and to tell everyone about it.
Surely some "vegetarians" don't just nibble, and some even swallow.

biometrics

That's what I find so weird about vegetarians... the need to be part of a group identity and to tell everyone about it.
Surely some "vegetarians" don't just nibble, and some even swallow.
I know of three vegetarians on this forum and they hardly ever mention it unless prompted.

R

[)roi(]

I know of three vegetarians on this forum and they hardly ever mention it unless prompted.
That's the default with omnivores and carnivores... and under normal circumstances the same would apply to vegetarians, etc.
Reality that's rarely the case... people with weird eating disorders are more often than not quite vitriolic.

biometrics

That's the default with omnivores and carnivores... and under normal circumstances the same would apply to vegetarians, etc.
Reality that's rarely the case... people with weird eating disorders are more often than not quite vitriolic.
Being vegetarian isn't a disorder.

biometrics

Long and contentious topic... best discussed elsewhere.
Simply said it's an unhealthy eating disorder that modern day has made somewhat feasible.
Nothing contentious about it. It's a personal choice.

I'm dieting using a reduced kJ intake method and have lost 19kg since December. I had the option to do the low carb/banting method where you stuff your face with meat and fat. I chose not to do that. Is my method contentious?

Feel free to start a thread on the topic, I will defend the plant eaters even though I'm an omnivore.