What's For Dinner Tonight?

biometrics

I just have to reply to this post as it sums up my feeing towards meat. I love a burger more than a steak or whatever and I always have. For years and years I’ll choose a burger over almost anything else. I’m a junk food junkie.

But yesterday I had what I think is the best burger I have ever had and believe it or not, the whole plate and everything on it from the pate to the bun to the “cheese” sauce is vegan.

I don’t mean the best vegan or veggie burger I’ve had, I mean the best burger I’ve had of any type. It is off the scale incredible and I defy anyone to eat this and find a difference to a meat version.

Anyway, here’s a photo. I don’t want to say where I got it for reasons, but if anyone is in my hood lemme know and I’ll tell you on DM.

@biometrics go on, you know you want to ;)

e0b6a10d7249705965ce5f821d4e2d2c.jpg
Well come on, tell us already or pm me. Or dm or whatever.

Edit: guessing the SO's place?

Spizz

How much is it and does she do take away? What does she use for the patty?

R160 total. R125 for the burger and R35 for the wedges on the side and they do takeaway. It's a Beyond patty hence the price, they are expensive even at cost.

biometrics

R160 total. R125 for the burger and R35 for the wedges on the side and they do takeaway. It's a Beyond patty hence the price, they are expensive even at cost.
I believe so. Brewery is R165 which includes sweet patato chips (which I don't like).

satanboy

Yup, the beyond burger patty is phenomenal (if you cook it right).

Woolworths restaurant has it on their menu and I've had it, it was awesome. I make it better, but that is another matter....

Edit:
The expensive vegetarian patty from Spar is very good too.
Linda McCarthy vegetarian patty is on par.

Spizz

Yup, the beyond burger patty is phenomenal (if you cook it right).

Woolworths restaurant has it on their menu and I've had it, it was awesome. I make it better, but that is another matter....

Edit:
The expensive vegetarian patty from Spar is very good too.
Linda McCarthy vegetarian patty is on par.

The best way to cook the Beyond burger we’ve found is to air fry it and then fry it in the pan for a minute or two before serving.

Agree on the Linda McCartney ones, especially the mozzarella version. Never tried the Spar one though.

Tribs

The best way to cook the Beyond burger we’ve found is to air fry it and then fry it in the pan for a minute or two before serving.

Agree on the Linda McCartney ones, especially the mozzarella version. Never tried the Spar one though.
The mozzarella ones are really nice

Spizz

@Spizz I want to make some home-made burgers, what do you suggest for this for ingredients, patty etc. (Yes I'm very serious)

Are you taking about veggie type or meat? I can’t comment on the meat type but the best ones out there IMO and easily accessible are the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers.

But either way, I like.... starting from the bottom, bun slightly toasted on a frying pan, so bottom bit of bun, then sliced tomatoes, onion rings, cheese sauce, patty, guacamole, top of the bun.

Need to be liberal with the cheese sauce and guacamole.

If you do use the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers then don’t give over cook them.

If you can get Beyond burgers, theyhave to be done right or they might turn out not as good as they can be. Air fry with a coating of spur or some other marinade and fry the last little bit in the frying pan.

Seldom Bucket

Are you taking about veggie type or meat? I can’t comment on the meat type but the best ones out there IMO and easily accessible are the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers.

But either way, I like.... starting from the bottom, bun slightly toasted on a frying pan, so bottom bit of bun, then sliced tomatoes, onion rings, cheese sauce, patty, guacamole, top of the bun.

Need to be liberal with the cheese sauce and guacamole.

If you do use the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers then don’t give over cook them.

If you can get Beyond burgers, theyhave to be done right or they might turn out not as good as they can be. Air fry with a coating of spur or some other marinade and fry the last little bit in the frying pan.
Yeah, looking for best veggie patty

Seldom Bucket

That would be the Beyond Burgers (@Woolies).

When preparing remember that it isn't real meat, so don't incinerate them.
My neighbour has suggested getting some of those massive™ mushrooms and grill that with some spices and cheese

Seldom Bucket

Sounds good just like that. Don’t know how they’d go in between a burger bun though.
Will try it, and grill it on my CADAC Gas grill. Nice and quick. Will get some stuff tomorrow and post the results.

Unfortunately my doctor has suggested at least 2 vegetarian meals a week to help with the stomach issues coming up. Getting older is not fun...

biometrics

Will try it, and grill it on my CADAC Gas grill. Nice and quick. Will get some stuff tomorrow and post the results.

Unfortunately my doctor has suggested at least 2 vegetarian meals a week to help with the stomach issues coming up. Getting older is not fun...
Try some of the stuff from vegan.africa, very tasty.