Threadkiller

biometrics

Meh, seems same problem as yesterday with google services being slow. One of the cables broke or something. Annoying. Lemme try a VPN.

biometrics

Where's @Grant and the other pill poppers, @satanboy?

My mom is in pain due to arthritis and they prescribed Tramahexal 100mg (tramadolhidrochloride) and she's very confused now. Sister not happy, so going to half the dose. It's apparently an opiod, isn't that a very strong dose?

Sinbad

Tramadol is actually an upper. I found it improved my mood during the day.
This was for post-op after I had discs replaced in my neck. My dose was 37.5mg though - in tramacet. 100 sounds hectic.

dabean

Where's @Grant and the other pill poppers, @satanboy?

My mom is in pain due to arthritis and they prescribed Tramahexal 100mg (tramadolhidrochloride) and she's very confused now. Sister not happy, so going to half the dose. It's apparently an opiod, isn't that a very strong dose?

100mg is quite a lot. Halving it sounds like a good idea.

That said I'd prefer Voltaren tablets for joint pain.

biometrics

100mg is quite a lot. Halving it sounds like a good idea.

That said I'd prefer Voltaren tablets for joint pain.
She's 85 or so. She is on blood thinners so can't take anti-inflammatories as it will cause internal bleeding.

dabean

They forgot to give me post-op pain meds at Pelonomi after they put my right-heel back together.

I still have my foot which trumps everything.

I didn't want a catheter so I opted for an epidural for the op. I thought they were drawing on my foot so I sat up to take a look. Everyone went pale. I looked down and saw blood. I said, "Okay then, carry on" and lay back down. 3.5 hour op. I only know the doctor as "Buks" (it was his first calcaneus fracture) and his ringtone was "De La Rey". He did an awesome job.

After the op the feeling started coming back gradually towards my feet. The office called about coming to visit and I said it might not be the best idea today (I'd heard the whole operation).

When the feeling came back to my groin I got that instant kicked-in-the-nuts feeling. Sick to my stomach. Turns out the inflatable tourniquet they put around my upper-thigh pinched my right testicle. This should have been my first clue. The pain went away in a minute or two.

I lay there waiting for something to happen. I had no idea how any of this worked at the time. I pressed the nurse-button at the moment that the feeling came back to the top of the incision.

5 minutes later.

I remember reaching the point where the entire universe had no right to exist. Somewhere between a 9 and a 10 on the pain scale. Everything had to die.

The next day the guy in the bed next to me told me I put up quite a show. At lunch a very pissed-off looking security guard came and stood outside my room (I was next to the door). Broken nose and two black eyes. I think I was reading "The Blind Watchmaker" at the time. I read the page mentioning a Boing self-assembling in the desert at least 20 times. I couldn't concentrate but I wasn't about to apologise. Eventually he left.

Since then then I try to keep my pain level at a 1.