Threadkiller

biometrics

Getting my P100 masks today finally, not that N95 crap everyone is buying.

Spizz

Most people aren't even using N95, just bog standard surgical masks.

biometrics

Most people aren't even using N95, just bog standard surgical masks.
Are people wearing them in Myanmar?

My partner was in Joburg last week and saw four people wearing them. I heard from someone they saw two people wearing them at the mall.

Spizz

Are people wearing them in Myanmar?

My partner was in Joburg last week and saw four people wearing them. I heard from someone they saw two people wearing them at the mall.

Yeah, lots of people wearing in Myanmar. They have guards at the malls and hotels with the temperature guns as well.

Knyro

I must have missed that, being banned and all. Tell more...

The startup has me messing about with AI, and is a huge time sink. I couldn't conduct physics research or work on the startup to the standard I wanted to so I picked one, at least temporarily. With any luck I'll be able to continue my studies part-time in the future.

biometrics

The startup has me messing about with AI, and is a huge time sink. I couldn't conduct physics research or work on the startup to the standard I wanted to so I picked one, at least temporarily. With any luck I'll be able to continue my studies part-time in the future.
Which area of AI? I've done Haar Cascade and Fisher Faces training for face and gender recognition. Trick stuff. Works well when you get it right.

Knyro

Which area of AI? I've done Haar Cascade and Fisher Faces training for face and gender recognition. Trick stuff. Works well when you get it right.

Neural networks at the moment. But I'm still bopping around the field in general to get more exposure to it.

biometrics

I had some Takealot vouchers to waste a while ago and ended up buying 2 minute noodles. Not something I've every really had before. Fekk I think I'm addicted to this stuff!