The weight loss/gain thread

biometrics

Monday morning, new year, new determaination.

I've picked up a couple of Christmas kg's to add on top of the lockdown kg's I've picked up, and this morning weigh in at 99.2kg.
Track it here, a bit of public shaming is an additional motivator... ;)

LCBXX

I've actively tried to cut out carbs and sugar as much as I can and have managed to shed 10KG, without exercise, over 3 months. We went away over December and I let loose a a bit, had a cocktails, ice-cream, pizza, bread and such, which resulted in a really upset stomach every morning; cramps and runny shits. I've tried to supplement with a probiotic to counter the symptoms but I can't say it made any difference.

Since getting back I've returned to my usual diet things have gone back to normal, with me shedding the 3KGs I've gained over the 10-day vacation in about 4 days.

I've found that if I occasionally indulge in sugary foods or carbs (like pasta), I get really tired after about 40mins.

Spizz

WeekWeightLoss/Gain
198.5-0.7

Quite a disappointing weigh in but I think it's a bit of a glitch after a great first week of getting into it. I was eating twice a day only at midday and 6pm, speed walking at 7am every day, closing all my rings on my Apple watch each day for a week and generally feeling great. I even sneaked a weigh on Friday and I was 97.7 so was well on track.

But I guess I had quite a lot of booze on Saturday after being dry all week and I think that is reflecting this morning. I've also been pooing funny with lots of little bok drolletjies at any time of the day instead of my usual morning once a day expel. Yesterday I had such a sore stomach and it looked and felt like I was pregnant there was so much gas? inside? My stomach was hard as a rock, swollen and very sore.

So changes happening so maybe I'm not too downhearted at the number on the scale, I suppose my body is adjusting and fitness wise I've stepped up a notch from last week. So onwards and erm, downwards :p

biometrics

WeekWeightLoss/Gain
198.5-0.7

Quite a disappointing weigh in but I think it's a bit of a glitch after a great first week of getting into it. I was eating twice a day only at midday and 6pm, speed walking at 7am every day, closing all my rings on my Apple watch each day for a week and generally feeling great. I even sneaked a weigh on Friday and I was 97.7 so was well on track.

But I guess I had quite a lot of booze on Saturday after being dry all week and I think that is reflecting this morning. I've also been pooing funny with lots of little bok drolletjies at any time of the day instead of my usual morning once a day expel. Yesterday I had such a sore stomach and it looked and felt like I was pregnant there was so much gas? inside? My stomach was hard as a rock, swollen and very sore.

So changes happening so maybe I'm not too downhearted at the number on the scale, I suppose my body is adjusting and fitness wise I've stepped up a notch from last week. So onwards and erm, downwards :p
A win is a win.

biometrics

WeekWeightLoss/Gain
Total6.7

Was a good week but as predicted it averages 1.5/week (over the last two weeks). Taking it easier on my Saturday cheat day has helped.

biometrics

WeekWeightLoss/Gain
Total7.3

Meh, disappointing week. But still a loss so can't complain.

Spizz

WeekWeightLoss/Gain
Total7.3

Meh, disappointing week. But still a loss so can't complain.

As you said to me last week, a win is a win. It's still going in the right direction.

biometrics

As you said to me last week, a win is a win. It's still going in the right direction.
It can be frustrating especially when you believe you did everything right. Typically it will now drop hugely overnight spoiling my ability to log a big loss for the week. ;)

I want to get to 103 this week at least as then I'm back to where I was a year ago. Then it's the long slog to undo the past ten years...

Spizz

It can be frustrating especially when you believe you did everything right. Typically it will now drop hugely overnight spoiling my ability to log a big loss for the week. ;)

I want to get to 103 this week at least as then I'm back to where I was a year ago. Then it's the long slog to undo the past ten years...

To be fair, I had a bit too much booze towards the end of the week. Then on Saturday I had a pizza from Rossi's, a bottle of vino and a few large whiskies washed down with a bowl of peanuts.

So not so bad this week and renewed vigour going forward.

For anyone needing motivation, watch David Attenborough A Life On Our Planet on Netflix for some sobering insight into our eating habits and what it is doing to our world.

biometrics

To be fair, I had a bit too much booze towards the end of the week. Then on Saturday I had a pizza from Rossi's, a bottle of vino and a few large whiskies washed down with a bowl of peanuts.

So not so bad this week and renewed vigour going forward.

For anyone needing motivation, watch David Attenborough A Life On Our Planet on Netflix for some sobering insight into our eating habits and what it is doing to our world.
As predicted post the cheat day my big fall is Monday night, which is kinda cruel as I can't log it Monday. But I've started with Monday checkins so need to keep to that.

103.5 today, so it would have been 2.0. But it will stay over for next week, just need to get the cheat day under control. Food isn't the issue but the booze, had a LOT of whiskey and gin Saturday.

So, I'm back to a year ago, my first milestone, YAY!

Reactions: Y2K

Spizz

As predicted post the cheat day my big fall is Monday night, which is kinda cruel as I can't log it Monday. But I've started with Monday checkins so need to keep to that.

103.5 today, so it would have been 2.0. But it will stay over for next week, just need to get the cheat day under control. Food isn't the issue but the booze, had a LOT of whiskey and gin Saturday.

So, I'm back to a year ago, my first milestone, YAY!

That's great news. I think I'm now in the swing of it too (famous last words) and have found my balance wrt food and drink. This is normal procedure for me as I get into the habit of reducing my intake. I start off with good intentions and usually fly into it the first few days, then a couple of dodgy weekends where I think wtf is the point of doing the hard work at the weekends to put it back on again.

So now I'm quite content and my cravings are subsiding. First food at midday and second about 6pm. A bit of fruit in between or early evening if I need it and the odd choc chip or berry oatcake with a cup of tea as a treat.

Onwards my friend. We got this.

Willy Strong

I've lost some weight and now when people see me, they want to know my secret. When I tell them, it seems to me that they're not open to my 5 easy to follow suggestions.

1. Eat less, cut sugar and carbs where you can.
2. Walk more.
3. Use cannabis and relax more.
4. Something here.
5. Profit.

• Haha

Spizz

I've lost some weight and now when people see me, they want to know my secret. When I tell them, it seems to me that they're not open to my 5 easy to follow suggestions.

1. Eat less, cut sugar and carbs where you can.
2. Walk more.
3. Use cannabis and relax more.
4. Something here.
5. Profit.

Totally agree with 1 and 2.

That's it.

Spizz

WeekWeightLoss/Gain
198.5-0.7
297.3-1.2
397.0-0.3
Total-2.2

A big weekend. I was 96.3 yesterday morning :unsure:

biometrics

WeekWeightLoss/Gain
Total9.9

A good week but credit to week 4 that only reflected the Tuesday. I am now overweight and not obese as per the BMI.

@Spizz, I'm right behind you buddy, keep on having those "big weekends" and I'll be overtaking you shortly. That will be a tad embarrassing...

• Wow

Spizz

WeekWeightLoss/Gain
Total9.9

A good week but credit to week 4 that only reflected the Tuesday. I am now overweight and not obese as per the BMI.

@Spizz, I'm right behind you buddy, keep on having those "big weekends" and I'll be overtaking you shortly. That will be a tad embarrassing...

That's great going mate, I'm very pleased for you. 10kg is a heck of a shift in such a short space of time.

Motivation duly noted :D