The Chat Room

Nicholas

I do the same - though I have opted to buy a table for outside again. Gave the last one to my lady as it was too big now. But I have started working with succulents and have some grafting to do. And doing that on the ground will not be as comfortable. Besides - the camp chairs get broken by guests and I hope some plastic chairs will last longer.
Er.....yes....about the mahogany chair- it was a nervous twitch - honest!

Sonikku

In totally unrelated news, I was driving home after collecting my daughter from a sleep-over. My son started lecturing me on DNA. He knows the bases are A, C, G , T (but not the actual names). He knows it is a helical structure (he called it "twisted"). He knows about Dolly the sheep and that fact she was cloned.

He is fucking 6 years old. How??? I am proud of him but what the fuck is a 6 year old doing with high school education level info?
Kids these days are smart, and they're willing to learn on their own and find things out by themselves from the web or books.
Mine lectures me on how to do IPv4 address allocation and DNS A records and other things for Minecraft servers so that other players can play with him - has also somehow, SOMEHOW, figured out how to sail the high seas on his own. I knew something was up when the network share suddenly got a whole new bunch of anime stored on it.
This isn't something I am particularly interested in either yet it's there:
1706511055084.png

Nicholas

Restful trying to recover from the lethargy of last week
I wonder what it is that makes us feel lethargic? I could be that I often stay up past 11pm, but then some days the previous night doesn't affect me, and I get through more than usual.

Sinbad

Hello all. How were your respective weekends?
Really busy. Knackered today.

House and patio cleanup to get rid of the mud the animals used to bring in all the time. Only problem with living in a cold wet country... Well, one of the only problems

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Nicholas

In totally unrelated news, I was driving home after collecting my daughter from a sleep-over. My son started lecturing me on DNA. He knows the bases are A, C, G , T (but not the actual names). He knows it is a helical structure (he called it "twisted"). He knows about Dolly the sheep and that fact she was cloned.

He is fucking 6 years old. How??? I am proud of him but what the fuck is a 6 year old doing with high school education level info?
Whoah! It is one thing to be able to read something, quite another to understand what you have read well enough to speak coherently about it and apply what you have read. I hope your son goes far. (y)

Adenine, Cytosine, Guanine [Uracil in RNA], and Thymine, in case anyone wanted to know what those letters stand for.
High school Biology - standard 9, I think.
Adenine links to Thymine
Guanine/Uracil links to Cytosine

I could easily have this garbled. It was a long time ago. One of my classmates went on to study Genetics at university before emigrating.

Baxteen

had a fantastic weekend.
chill Friday night and some amazing sex.
busy Saturday day time finding corsets for the ladies so we could go to the party on saturday night.
MD and a goth dance floor full of people was tons of fun. left the club after last rounds. but before the lights were turned on. fell asleep at 5am
woke up at 11am spent Sunday chilling and recovering. got back home at 10pm.
wife worked though the night because of some shit that could not wait. so she was up from 8am Saturday until 8am Monday morning when she finally got to bed.
all around I had an amazing weekend and it can only be described as perfect....

Nicholas

We saw schoolchildren play chess at a row of tables near Mugg and Bean on Saturday. I know how the pieces move, but that's about it. :p

Sonikku

I wonder what it is that makes us feel lethargic? I could be that I often stay up past 11pm, but then some days the previous night doesn't affect me, and I get through more than usual.
In my case:
We did bloodwork couple of weeks ago to find out what is going on with me. Virtually no testosterone left, so HRT here we come and that will have to be made to specific concentrations. Hopefully that will help. Also other things are out of whack so that has to be treated.
Cape Town's upcoming new normal weather doesn't help either. Everyone is complaining, even in the queues at the pharmacy. Last week Thursday and Friday I was useless, the heat just drains the life out of me, and more so when POESKOM cuts the power and the heat comes back into the house. This climate is not working for me and we discussed moving back to JHB but my wife is adamant NO!

Also anxiety because as the weeks go by there's no real progress with the new job, it's over a month now with the back and forth.
To give you an update, they finished the background check on Friday, I was able to download the report and that scumbag company I worked for between October 2016 and March 2017 denied I ever worked there- told the verification company they have no record of me. Next-level assholes what can I say.

Meanwhile, back at the circus I currently find myself a participant in-

1706513928345.png

If the founder of the company was still with us and saw those numbers- he'd be having a shit fit. But then again he wouldn't allow it to get to this level. Oh and what's interesting is that, aside from my memes, this is splashed in the corporate newsletter as if it's an achievement and we're rewarding and celebrating a 30% pass rate

Nicholas

In my case:
We did bloodwork couple of weeks ago to find out what is going on with me. Virtually no testosterone left, so HRT here we come and that will have to be made to specific concentrations. Hopefully that will help. Also other things are out of whack so that has to be treated.
Cape Town's upcoming new normal weather doesn't help either. Everyone is complaining, even in the queues at the pharmacy. Last week Thursday and Friday I was useless, the heat just drains the life out of me, and more so when POESKOM cuts the power and the heat comes back into the house. This climate is not working for me and we discussed moving back to JHB but my wife is adamant NO!

Also anxiety because as the weeks go by there's no real progress with the new job, it's over a month now with the back and forth.
To give you an update, they finished the background check on Friday, I was able to download the report and that scumbag company I worked for between October 2016 and March 2017 denied I ever worked there- told the verification company they have no record of me. Next-level assholes what can I say.

Meanwhile, back at the circus I currently find myself a participant in-

View attachment 39666

If the founder of the company was still with us and saw those numbers- he'd be having a shit fit. But then again he wouldn't allow it to get to this level. Oh and what's interesting is that, aside from my memes, this is splashed in the corporate newsletter as if it's an achievement and we're rewarding and celebrating a 30% pass rate
I mentioned feeling fatigued to my doctor when I visited him last week and mentioned that in passing. I am to monitor it for him.

Yup 27 degrees on the coast is different to 27 degrees in Johannesburg.
It has taken its time, but our 30 degree+ days have rocked up. We are supposed to be in for storms, too. More rain.
I am glad that we have air conditioning at work and that it is effective.

Sounds like your previous employer's record-keeping leaves something to be desired.

Nicholas

Really busy. Knackered today.

House and patio cleanup to get rid of the mud the animals used to bring in all the time. Only problem with living in a cold wet country... Well, one of the only problems

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
What is your average rainfall?

satanboy

1706517386513.png
A motorist recorded a Johannesburg biker texting while riding on the N1 highway as he used both hands to handle his mobile phone.

Sonikku

Sounds like your previous employer's record-keeping leaves something to be desired.
Tax-dodging outfit, small company kept small for tax reasons. Also the CEO is ex-SADF RSM so he thinks he can treat everyone like shit. Treats everyone in the office except the women like troeps that did opfok and now need to be given afkak