The Chat Room

biometrics

Yes, but it can measure dosage over time, which is important. I don't know of anyone in CT who worries about this stuff, but I have begun to have a little bit of concern, specifically since they thoroughly wrecked a generator not too long ago because they haven't got a cooking clue what they're doing.
I am concerned, especially with nuclear power being in the hands of one of the world's stupidest governments, and also the power utility in the world with the most incompetents, even by former Soviet standards.
I live in Melkbos, not worried in the least. I'd be more concerned if I flew to Joburg often.

Sonikku

Koeberg Nuclear Power Station (Koeberg) has produced clean, safe, reliable electrical power for more than 38 years.
Correct.
The ANC have proved they can break absolutely anything, including things thought of as unbreakable. The DA are not far behind.

Sonikku

I could get some razor blades from Clicks and wrap up the side I am going to hold in tape.
A spot of hot melt glue can achieve things you would not believe. If applied correctly it's an excellent adhesive. Not the cheap stuff though.

scudsucker

i think you can find a way to build the battery and teh stepper motor from the cheap RC car into the tail. I think you thought I meant use the car, but I mean use the RC and the part that turns the wheels seperately. let the wheel turning activate the spray. and then just keep the remote so you can activate it.
Ok, yes, I thought you meant the actual car, wheels and all. I'm heading to a model supply shop later and I will ask their opinion. I should be able to get RC cars there.

There will be plenty of space in the tail.

Somewhat more complicated, I have a few servos and an Arduino, I could get more and program them to listen to my phone via Bluetooth, make a basic app with just three buttons... but that seems like a lot of work for something my kids will likely undress out of within an hour. The party is very interactive and having a large tail and electronics inside is going to hinder their fun.

So I basically want to make it with them for fun, then wear it to the festival, then be prepared to remove it so they can have fun in non-fart areas.

Last edited:

satanboy

1704883299142.png
1704883316944.png
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Baxteen

Ok, yes, I thought you meant the actual car, wheels and all. I'm heading to a model supply shop later and I will ask their opinion. I should be able to get RC cars there.

There will be plenty of space in the tail.

Somewhat more complicated, I have a few servos and an Arduino, I could get more and program them to listen to my phone via Bluetooth, make a basic app with just three buttons... but that seems like a lot of work for something my kids will likely undress out of within an hour. The party is very interactive and having a large tail and electronics inside is going to hinder their fun.

So I basically want to make it with them for fun, then wear it to the festival, then be prepared to remove it so they can have fun in non-fart areas.
glad I could get my idea across better on the second attempt.
and yes the second option is also possible.
I would not but a full RC car for that, rather the cheapest one you can get from a china store. no point in spending 30 hours writing code and playing with the switches and Arduino for something that will only be used for an hour or so. rather buy the cheap car take it appart and spend 3 hours making that work.

now if this was for some cosplay contest then the 30 hours is worth it.

Baxteen

View attachment 39483
View attachment 39484
:rolleyes:

posts like this make me so happy to have had the vasectomy.

DA-LION-619

I wonder how much ambient radioactivity in Gauteng deviates from the national average. I have heard that where there is gold, there is also uranium [although not necessarily enough to kill quickly] Genetic damage to populations?
Didn’t know about this until I saw it in a documentary.

satanboy

Cigarettes​

The radiation in cigarettes doesn’t come from the chemical additives smokers are warned about; it actually comes from the tobacco itself. In a process similar to how bananas and Brazil nuts become radioactive, tobacco plants can absorb radioactive elements such as radium, lead-210, and polonium-210 from some fertilizers used on crops.

satanboy

Radiation
Topping the list are Brazil nuts, which contain high levels of radium-226 and potassium-40. Bananas containing enough radioactive potassium-40 have occasionally set off alarms at border crossings and ports.

scudsucker

posts like this make me so happy to have had the vasectomy.
Yeah.... I had mine straight after the second child.

My financial future is kind of fucked, except they are both really intelligent (especially my son) and may get scholarships. I hope. I have investment funds specifically set up for education, I have a bunch of money that would fund high school, or university. The "or" there worries me. I'm not made out of money.

Many of those numbers are within my current monthly salary range, so for ten months I would be working for the school.

Unless I get fired, then I am fucked.

Last edited: