The Chat Room

Baxteen

Shows you how proficient I am at reading these things. :oops:

Have you ever had a smartphone with a sim card tray that simply wouldn't budge, no matter how many times you inserted the pin in the hole and used a double-sided adhesive pad to tug at the tray?

My brother has given me my mother's old smartphone, and since it appears to me to be better than what I have, I want to transfer my sim card and SD card to it.
are you 100% sure you are not trying to put the sim tool into the microphone hole instead of the sim slot hole?
sometimes they look the same and they are close to each other.
when you are 100% sure you are sticking it in the correct hole then maybe drop some rubbing alchol on the sim tray. maybe there is something sticky preventing it from coming out.

scudsucker

My job of the day: working how to remote control a can of fart spray, if I can find such thing. It must exist.

Else I will use Axe or something like that.

Baxteen

cheap remote controll car that can change direction
a bit of fiddling and you can wire the switch to depress the spray can from the remote control. then its just bringing the power to it. so small but fun DIY project

Nicholas

are you 100% sure you are not trying to put the sim tool into the microphone hole instead of the sim slot hole?
sometimes they look the same and they are close to each other.
when you are 100% sure you are sticking it in the correct hole then maybe drop some rubbing alchol on the sim tray. maybe there is something sticky preventing it from coming out.
I have just watched a guide on inserting a sim card into a Samsung A10. I am confident that I am using the right hole.

Baxteen

I have just watched a guide on inserting a sim card into a Samsung A10. I am confident that I am using the right hole.
Jesus what the fuck are you using if an A10 is better? that still chages with micro B!
most likely the sim card slot is covered in gunk and dust that basically glued it shut. so try clean the area with rubbing alchol first then dropping a few drops on there to soak into the little grooves.
99% sure you are going to need to take the phone to a paki shop to have them clean the charging port because its going to have trouble charging if you cant get the sim card tray out.

scudsucker

cheap remote controll car that can change direction
a bit of fiddling and you can wire the switch to depress the spray can from the remote control. then its just bringing the power to it. so small but fun DIY project
I'm planning to dress the family as skunks, in line with a running joke that we always blame someone else for our own farts. I'm going to hook it up manually inside the tail.

Kids are 6 & 8, they would lose a costume, and the remote car, before they lose interest. I mean fart jokes are hilarious in that age group but this is a full on child-oriented festival and they will shed their costumes pretty fast.

There Is a huge bunch of stuff to enjoy where being in costume will be challenging. The tails will really get in the way.

If I go (could be either me or my ex-wife) I will remain in costume for the whole party (around 8 hours) because I am a costume-party absolutist.

Also I will have three cannisters of fart smell to try to work out what to do with.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Jesus what the fuck are you using if an A10 is better? that still chages with micro B!
most likely the sim card slot is covered in gunk and dust that basically glued it shut. so try clean the area with rubbing alchol first then dropping a few drops on there to soak into the little grooves.
99% sure you are going to need to take the phone to a paki shop to have them clean the charging port because its going to have trouble charging if you cant get the sim card tray out.
I am currently using an A10. My mother's old 'phone is a Samsung A6 Plus from the year before. It has more RAM and sensors that my A10 doesn't.
I don't have any trouble charging it.
Will try the surgical alcohol I have from Clicks.

biometrics

I am currently using an A10. My mother's old 'phone is a Samsung A6 Plus from the year before. It has more RAM and sensors that my A10 doesn't.
I don't have any trouble charging it.
Will try the surgical alcohol I have from Clicks.
Tricky problem. If that fails maybe get a scalpel blade to pry it open, a bit of damage in exchange for a working phone...

S

Sonikku

Because Eskom are chronic liars of the highest order, totally incompetent, and Koeberg is just up the road, I will be getting this soon.
Better prepared than taken by surprise.
1704869070391.png

S

Sonikku

Geiger counter?
Yes, but it can measure dosage over time, which is important. I don't know of anyone in CT who worries about this stuff, but I have begun to have a little bit of concern, specifically since they thoroughly wrecked a generator not too long ago because they haven't got a cooking clue what they're doing.
I am concerned, especially with nuclear power being in the hands of one of the world's stupidest governments, and also the power utility in the world with the most incompetents, even by former Soviet standards.

Nicholas

I wonder how much ambient radioactivity in Gauteng deviates from the national average. I have heard that where there is gold, there is also uranium [although not necessarily enough to kill quickly] Genetic damage to populations?

satanboy

Koeberg Nuclear Power Station (Koeberg) has produced clean, safe, reliable electrical power for more than 38 years.

Baxteen

I'm planning to dress the family as skunks, in line with a running joke that we always blame someone else for our own farts. I'm going to hook it up manually inside the tail.

Kids are 6 & 8, they would lose a costume, and the remote car, before they lose interest. I mean fart jokes are hilarious in that age group but this is a full on child-oriented festival and they will shed their costumes pretty fast.

There Is a huge bunch of stuff to enjoy where being in costume will be challenging. The tails will really get in the way.

If I go (could be either me or my ex-wife) I will remain in costume for the whole party (around 8 hours) because I am a costume-party absolutist.

Also I will have three cannisters of fart smell to try to work out what to do with.
i think you can find a way to build the battery and teh stepper motor from the cheap RC car into the tail. I think you thought I meant use the car, but I mean use the RC and the part that turns the wheels seperately. let the wheel turning activate the spray. and then just keep the remote so you can activate it.