The Chat Room

Nicholas

More rain last night.

Today is my day back at work for this year. I am surprised that I remembered my password.

Here comes the thunder, soon to be followed by rain, I imagine.

I brought my old motherboard, RAM, CPU to work. Will find out if anyone is interested in some old parts, free and as-is.

How are the rest of you?

Baxteen

my first day back in the office today. hoping to get the social at the SA20 sorted today. organising that took a back seat to holiday for the person that makes the call and the fact that there are no games up here on wednesday or Friday's also limit the choices. I dont think people will want to go to the cricket with work people on a saturday or sunday. so that basically means thursday games is the way to do it right?

Arzy

Start going back to the office on Wednesday, kids back to school next week. Didn't really stop working over December, just didn't go to the office as it was closed and dealt with things as they came in. Need other people to stop holidaying though so that I can be more productive, have some stuff I need input on.

Planning holidays for the year, got December sorted and booked. Ideas in place for August and March but still have to make final decisions. Canned the plan to take family overseas this year, will do that again next year.

Wife's cousin passed away over the weekend, waiting for funeral details.

biometrics

1/8, I really, really like code ordered & aligned correctly.

The rest, including non code shit, meh.
Germs (from way before covid), symmetry, hand washing (see “germs”) and checking things again are my things. Not debilitating though.

Arzy

Yeah, I generally don't give a shit anymore.

Did clean the house almost every day this holiday though but that was just to stay busy and start the day active.

Glad to have the maid back today though. Gardener comes tomorrow.

Düber

3/8.
I think it's because mechanical things are so unforgiving, so having everything neat and organised is the only way to go.

But it is strange, some things I am seriously compulsive about and other things I don't give a shit about, without any real reason behind it either way.

Baxteen

so I have my first "foster failure"
this litter we are fostering came to us with sniffles. this was cleared by the vet around the 27th already and they were all fine since then.
On Friday last week the smallest little Siamese looking kitten was having trouble breathing. so I decided to nebulise her. grabbed her by the scruff of the neck, and held the little tube to her nose for about a minute before she started to struggle. I held her for a bit and then repeated this 2 more times.
after that she started to sent mark me by rubbing her face on any part of my body she could find. to say I am in love is an understatement. and you can tell she feels the same. she is currently on my tummy as I sit at my desk leaning back in my office chair. she is too freaking cute

Nicholas

that is what I thought I said
Shows you how proficient I am at reading these things. :oops:

Have you ever had a smartphone with a sim card tray that simply wouldn't budge, no matter how many times you inserted the pin in the hole and used a double-sided adhesive pad to tug at the tray?

My brother has given me my mother's old smartphone, and since it appears to me to be better than what I have, I want to transfer my sim card and SD card to it.

satanboy

Shows you how proficient I am at reading these things. :oops:

Have you ever had a smartphone with a sim card tray that simply wouldn't budge, no matter how many times you inserted the pin in the hole and used a double-sided adhesive pad to tug at the tray?

My brother has given me my mother's old smartphone, and since it appears to me to be better than what I have, I want to transfer my sim card and SD card to it.
nope