The Chat Room

Düber

Chandrayaan-3 has landed!

Yay!
What tickled me a bit was that it had to have blinged up wheels. :p
(No GTI badge AFAIK)

The rover is carrying an Indian flag and its wheels also have Isro's logo and emblem embossed on them so that they leave imprints on the lunar soil during the Moon walk, an official told the BBC.

biometrics

I have learnt to hate facebook - but it does remind me of birthdays and my mother shares things with me on there. So I do visit occasionally
I started a new account a few years ago that has no friends. Just following some local restaurants, businesses and community groups. Works well for that.

Baxteen

I still don't have an account.
If I don't remember something on my own it wasn't important (like I forgot my mothers Bday on Sunday and I don't care)
FB and any other meta product can go jump off a cliff. its all just attention seeking luddites shouting loudly into the void looking for validation.

Nicholas

Why announce it ?
/Creates Instagram story
/X +1
/Books all Faces
/Reddits
/Puts out tender advertisement to post news to every other social media outlet
/Takes out double page national newspaper announcement
/Transmits to the next nearest 20 stars
/Buries clay tablets
/Bellows from mountaintops

"I am scrunching up my eyes, y'all [ohmigaaawd!!!]"

X#Lookitme

drowsy
feeling just a wee bit incoherent
yorn
was any of it real?

satanboy

Why announce it ?
My sentiment exactly. If you have to tell everyone, you are not doing it for good reasons. Some may argue that a good deed is still being done. Rather say; "XYZ needs help etc".

Not "Me me me..."

satanboy

I have learnt to hate facebook - but it does remind me of birthdays and my mother shares things with me on there. So I do visit occasionally
I so want to leave it, but all the reminders of all kinds of things are keeping me back. I have many friends living outside SA, so this is the easiest way to keep up with them.

Arzy

Still have a FB account but I barely ever use it. Removed most of my details though so I don't trigger birthdays or anything but do still get tagged occasionally by people who don't know how to differentiate between my dad and I.

Never signed up for any of the others like Twatter, Instagram, Snapchat or whatever else the current craze is.

Im happy to be oblivious of what is going on in other people's lives and for them to just leave me alone.

Tribs

I so want to leave it, but all the reminders of all kinds of things are keeping me back. I have many friends living outside SA, so this is the easiest way to keep up with them.
I have that problem too - and I would not remember birthdays if it was not for FB

Rudolph Hart

I have that problem too - and I would not remember birthdays if it was not for FB
I’ve got reminders on my phone for all the really important birthdays. From time to time I’ll get a reminder that some long gone and nearly forgotten ex is having a birthday.

dabean

I should probably check my Facebook again. I still get notifications I just haven't clicked on any in a decade plus.

Being a misanthrope is probably not the best way to spend your life.

scudsucker

I have seen more than a few people dancing naked, in much more modern times.

Less flute, though, more electro.

Probably some embrassment once the drugs wear off.