The Chat Room

scudsucker

What the actual fuck?

Google on all my browsers, and my phone, is down. (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and whatever the android one is called, plus Chrome and Brave)

www.google.com’s server IP address could not be found.

I can ping it.

➜ ~ ping google.com
PING google.com (142.251.47.78): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 142.251.47.78: icmp_seq=0 ttl=109 time=48.736 ms
64 bytes from 142.251.47.78: icmp_seq=1 ttl=109 time=68.109 ms
64 bytes from 142.251.47.78: icmp_seq=2 ttl=109 time=51.130 ms

I can't get there using the IP. Something fucked up on my ISP, I guess, both phone and laptop are using the same internet access as there is no cell coverage where I am right now.

Bing, however, still works.

Last edited:

satanboy

What the actual fuck?

Google on all my browsers, and my phone, is down. (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and whatever the android one is called, plus Chrome and Brave)

I can ping it.

I can't get there using the IP. Something fucked up on my ISP, I guess, both phone and laptop are using the same internet access as there is no cell coverage where I am right now.
Works for me

Tribs

Someone asked me what I would do with an extra R5000 a month this weekend. Offhand, I couldn't say more than that I'd have to think of things to spend money on for the sake of spending it, but then you might say that I am in a privileged position What might you do with the extra income?
I would buy two more birdfeeders. Actually planning to make one this week.

Baxteen

What did you play?
MTG Arena. normally I only play until I get 15 wins per day. but this weekend I pushed past that in order to try and get to Mythic rank. did quite well on sat but sunday during the day I dropped down a lot, then in the evening I won my way back to where I started that morning again.

Nicholas

MTG Arena. normally I only play until I get 15 wins per day. but this weekend I pushed past that in order to try and get to Mythic rank. did quite well on sat but sunday during the day I dropped down a lot, then in the evening I won my way back to where I started that morning again.
I have tried a few card-based game like that on Android. Couldn't get my head around combining certain cards to boost attack/defense/healing.

Baxteen

I have tried a few card-based game like that on Android. Couldn't get my head around combining certain cards to boost attack/defense/healing.
Card games are not for everyone.
I have been playing MTG since 2005 I mean I quit in 2013 and sold my collection in 2015 to pay for our wedding. I got into arena again about a year ago and it is fun, can be free to play and scratches the itch.
interesting how I am always replacing addictions in my life. Heroin -> MTG -> Hearthstone -> Pokemon Go -> ???
Wont call Arena as I play it at the moment an addiction

satanboy

Why would a loadshedding bulb work when there is no power, but be off when the power is on?

It was working fine a few days ago.

Baxteen

Why would a loadshedding bulb work when there is no power, but be off when the power is on?

It was working fine a few days ago.
I had that happen to one of my cheaper ones.
when I opened it up I noticed the board on the inside has been fried by a power surge. so basically the switch was fucked. it will also stop charging the battery soon.

Baxteen

shame them on social media for using a bad date format.
I mean more public social media than this

Arzy

I used to play MTG, started around the end of Antiquities beginning of Ice Age. Could still pick up an Unlimited booster here and there.

Actually had 4 of the power 9 at one stage from Alpha/Beta including a Black Lotus. Sold them off in my younger days which now seems rather stupid. They weren't graded though.

Baxteen

I used to play MTG, started around the end of Antiquities beginning of Ice Age. Could still pick up an Unlimited booster here and there.

Actually had 4 of the power 9 at one stage from Alpha/Beta including a Black Lotus. Sold them off in my younger days which now seems rather stupid. They weren't graded though.
the way I look at things like that is, you had it, you got Joy out of it and you sold it and used that money to do something. never think about how much they are now and how much you could have made selling them today.
I have been forced to take that mental approach because I mined bitcoin way back when. formatted that hard drive that had the bitcoin on it because 43(or 34 memory is fuzzy and dyslexia sucks) is worthless. so I formatted the laptop and sold it. all of this happened way back before the first pizza was even bought with bitcoin.
so meh, I played, I had fun, I sold the laptop and that paid for a few textbooks.