The Chat Room

Rudolph Hart

Does anyone have an opinion on buying a car from WeBuyCars? I know they’re nice and easy to sell to, but how are they if there’s an issue with the car later?

My daughter is buying a car and I’m trying to help out, but don’t really know who is reliable to buy a second hand car from.

Nicholas

Out of my depth, but...

Would this help?

Reviews

Bit of a mixed bag. Go over the legal documents with a fine-toothed comb. If possible, have the vehicle inspected.
Maybe run a search for second hand car dealerships in your area and read reviews?

Legal stuff

Last edited:

biometrics

Does anyone have an opinion on buying a car from WeBuyCars? I know they’re nice and easy to sell to, but how are they if there’s an issue with the car later?

My daughter is buying a car and I’m trying to help out, but don’t really know who is reliable to buy a second hand car from.
No idea but they low balled the offer on my housemates Corsa, got nearly double elsewhere.

spiderz

Have it checked out properly ... lots of possible latent defects

Düber

I have brokered some bakkies and a truck through them and was rather impressed, very nice, efficient and transparent. Not the cheapest place to buy from and not the best value to sell to though.

All the vehicles have a report from the three blind mice (Dekra), for what its worth, and there is not a warranty on most vehicles, but the cars are clean and the sales people were open and honest about any faults they were aware of.

IMO worth having a look there, take someone with you that knows something about cars if you don't feel fully confident or want an extra set of eyes.

spiderz

I have brokered some bakkies and a truck through them and was rather impressed, very nice, efficient and transparent. Not the cheapest place to buy from and not the best value to sell to though.

All the vehicles have a report from the three blind mice (Dekra), for what its worth, and there is not a warranty on most vehicles, but the cars are clean and the sales people were open and honest about any faults they were aware of.

IMO worth having a look there, take someone with you that knows something about cars if you don't feel fully confident or want an extra set of eyes.
Dekra does not mean a lot...

Jings

There's downhill, backcountry, cross-country, etc.
I live on a hill, sure, but not that much snow, Vienna is at the edge of the hills/at the start of the flat lands.
If I head like 20km west there would be a lot more snow. Last Sunday, I ended up doing a small hike in near knee-high snow, meanwhile in Vienna snow was not even ankle height and often melted away.

Skiing for me will be in Switzerland though, meeting up with a friend whose friend lives there, so accommodation about 1km from the ski slopes, and the friend has said he'll help me learn to ski again (I last skied around 7 years ago now for a week, so utterly out of practice, though I ended up being good enough to do some beginner slopes without issue, but again, long time ago).

Well, hope you have fun at the ski slopes. Let us know how it goes.