The Chat Room

Johnatan56

Can we swap?
No need, you can just fly here.
I like the new look of Windows 11.

What I do miss is the ability to right click a program, on the start menu, for a list of recent files.

Having the start button in the center of the taskbar is awesome. :)
I am pretty against start menu in the middle, having it in a corner is the fastest/easiest to get to with a mouse without requiring precision. Without looking at the screen, try and hit the start menu in 10 and 11 (11 on default center).

The second issue is it's not consistently in one place, it moves based on how many stuff you have open. All your apps shift in position the more apps you have open, so opening apps means you need to click at a new place when swapping between apps, now what happens if e.g. slow app launch or something but you want to keep working, and it launches just as you're about to click to swap to the other app?

Sure, most of us use alt-tab if we are experienced users, but a majority of windows users will never use a shortcut like that in their life.

Then distance of click on start menu to click on pinned apps, W11 further away, etc.

Googling I found: https://pocketnow.com/explaining-windows-11s-bad-design that summarizes it well.

Nicholas

captain-marvel-12-main-cover.jpg

The corruption of Captain Marvel. Apparently this was a storyline between 2019 and 2020.

satanboy

I like the new look of Windows 11.

What I do miss is the ability to right click a program, on the start menu, for a list of recent files.

Having the start button in the center of the taskbar is awesome. :)
1637852318996.png

Center you say?

Lara

No need, you can just fly here.

I am pretty against start menu in the middle, having it in a corner is the fastest/easiest to get to with a mouse without requiring precision. Without looking at the screen, try and hit the start menu in 10 and 11 (11 on default center).

The second issue is it's not consistently in one place, it moves based on how many stuff you have open. All your apps shift in position the more apps you have open, so opening apps means you need to click at a new place when swapping between apps, now what happens if e.g. slow app launch or something but you want to keep working, and it launches just as you're about to click to swap to the other app?

Sure, most of us use alt-tab if we are experienced users, but a majority of windows users will never use a shortcut like that in their life.

Then distance of click on start menu to click on pinned apps, W11 further away, etc.

Googling I found: https://pocketnow.com/explaining-windows-11s-bad-design that summarizes it well.
There is no reasoning with you. :D

Lara

Don't spend all your money on Black Friday. Keep some for Cyber Monday. ;)